Thread: .m2ts A/V un-sync

Default .m2ts A/V un-sync

This has never been corrected, if I do anything besides minor cuts to a time line in .m2ts the videos AV is throw off by the end of the video. Still even with Vegas 9.0e (Build 1146) 64-bit. This is so aggravating because I can not do anything with my HD files besides render a compressed .mp4 file I want my quality back!
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

I've had the same issue. I don't understand it either. it is almost like there are errors in the video sequence, stuttering or faster playback or something of the sort. I've been able to convert my files to avchd then edit. seems to fix the problem in most cases for me, but it is a redundant step.
    I don't know what your capture is from, but mine is through the happauge hd dvr.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by vinnybags View Post
    I've had the same issue. I don't understand it either. it is almost like there are errors in the video sequence, stuttering or faster playback or something of the sort. I've been able to convert my files to avchd then edit. seems to fix the problem in most cases for me, but it is a redundant step.
    I don't know what your capture is from, but mine is through the happauge hd dvr.
    It sucks, I can't find where it goes off either its like a slow progression. Really? Well this doesn't decrease the clarity or quality of the final product? What do you use to convert with Vegas?

it is hard to tell where exactly it skips. the only was i was able to see this in action was to run the preview window with the unedited file along with a copy playing in media player. it is definitely odd.
    to convert i use arcsoft total media extreme. it came with the happauge dvr. the sub program is arcsoft media converter.
    looks like there is a much newer version available now.. http://www.arcsoft.com/en-us/softwar...oductCode=AMC4

it is hard to tell where exactly it skips. the only was i was able to see this in action was to run the preview window with the unedited file along with a copy playing in media player. it is definitely odd.
    to convert i use arcsoft total media extreme. it came with the happauge dvr. the sub program is arcsoft media converter.
    looks like there is a much newer version available now.. MediaConverter 4 — The improved all-in-one multimedia converter
    I wonder if Vegas would do a better rendering job though. Have you tried?

I record on a Panasonic HDC-SD9

im sure that vegas would do a better job rendering, but whenever i tried, the skipping translated into the final, rendered version as well. the arcsoft software was the only program i found that was able to read the file properly and convert to avchd without quality loss. then i bring it into vegas for editing.
    I've tried several different codecs with no luck. i really didn't know how else to proceed. finally just bit the bullet. I definitely was not upset with the final product.

im sure that vegas would do a better job rendering, but whenever i tried, the skipping translated into the final, rendered version as well. the arcsoft software was the only program i found that was able to read the file properly and convert to avchd without quality loss. then i bring it into vegas for editing.
    I've tried several different codecs with no luck. i really didn't know how else to proceed. finally just bit the bullet. I definitely was not upset with the final product.
    Well I'm guna try it and see how it looks, what version of Vegas are you using?

9b pro build 562
    ...good luck.

Wait... my files are ALREADY AVCHD Vegas still hates them...

Talking Solved

*SOLVED*

It's not that they are being rendered wrong it's that windows media player does not read them correctly. Uploaded an unsynced clip to youtube and it converted it just fine and it plays on youtube in sync!