Thread: Choppy, Trailing Video After Burned to DVD

Exclamation Choppy, Trailing Video After Burned to DVD

I have been working on this problem for 6 months and have put it on hold due to frustration...

I use Final Cut Pro and export the movie as a Quicktime file. Then I am currently trying to use Roxio Toast 10 Titanium to burn the film and I still get choppy film and anytime someone in the frame moves there is a trail behind them of their arm/face/clothing/body (you get the idea.)

The audio is fine, as usual and when I view the film on a big television through Quicktime, the movie looks great. What am I doing wrong in the burning process? Is it compression or something to do with a codec (which I understand nothing about.) Please someone help me before I swear off of editing video for the rest of my life. I do enjoy it when things go smooth

I also need to get this to DVD for an awards ceremony coming up very soon and I want it looking sweet.

If you are outputting to QT then going to DVD you are going from very highly compressed to less highly compressed MPEG2.

Although the word compression indicates that which has been deflated may successfully be re-inflated it is simply not true!

Compression is discarding a LOT of data to achieve the QT file. Then to go to DVD you need to "inflate back up to a less compressed format... MPEG2.

MPEG2 is what you need to output the original file to if you want to burn a DVD in Toast.