Thread: Export Settings for youtube upload

Default Export Settings for youtube upload

Hi there. Im new to these forums so id like to say hi to everyone and am hoping someone might be able to help me out..

I have recorded videos on my sony camcorder DCR-SR58E (DCRSR58E) : Overview : Cameras & camcorders : Sony

When i get the properties in adobe premiere of the videos it captures i get this..

File Path: C:\Users\kevin\Desktop\Videos\M2U00051.MPG
    Type: MPEG Movie
    File Size: 57.3 MB
    Image Size: 720 x 576
    Pixel Depth: 32
    Frame Rate: 25.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
    Total Duration: 00:01:23:01
    Average Data Rate: 705 KB / second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.4587

I have imported these to adobe premiere and edited them a small bit and am now wondering what the best settings are to export so that the videos will appear widescreen on youtube without the black borders around the video...

I used the H.264 NTST DV widescreen while ago and uploaded to youtube and got this :(

It looked grand on my local computer when i exported it but when i uploaded it it came out all wrong :(

Can some body tell me what i can do..

The last time i exported in Windows Movie Maker and uploaded to youtube it came out perfect and the way i wanted it but i need to add better effects using adobe premiere so am wondering how to do it..

Hope some one can help

Thanks

2. Default

Last edited by bigben654321; 07-13-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben654321 View Post
    The problem lies here:

This is a HIGHLY compressed video format, it's the kind of codec you would be using for final product and not for editing work. Sadly it seems your camera is only capable of capturing in this format so.

The point is that you are trying to upscale the really low size file to a massive DVD quality file format, the result is obvious, most of the image is pretty much unreadable.

Try exporting it out as the same kind of highly compressed file, I don't know Adobe that well but I'm sure you could try something as simple as a WMV format? Someone else might be able to advise you on a better codec to use.

Hope this is helpful...

ok thanks. can anyone else give me advice?

Now that is a proper poorly video. I'm not saying I can totally help you as I don't use Adobe Premier.

If your in Ireland why are you using an NTSC template? You should use a PAL template. I would presume from the quality of the video that the bit rate is really low. You camera will shoot at 9Mb per sec at best so set you bit rate to that to get the best quality.

Default try these settings

Quote Originally Posted by kevinkhan View Post
    Hi there. Im new to these forums so id like to say hi to everyone and am hoping someone might be able to help me out..

I have recorded videos on my sony camcorder DCR-SR58E (DCRSR58E) : Overview : Cameras & camcorders : Sony

When i get the properties in adobe premiere of the videos it captures i get this..

File Path: C:\Users\kevin\Desktop\Videos\M2U00051.MPG
    Image Size: 720 x 576
    Pixel Depth: 32
    Frame Rate: 25.00
    Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
    Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
    Average Data Rate: 705 KB / second
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.4587

I have imported these to adobe premiere and edited them a small bit and am now wondering what the best settings are to export so that the videos will appear widescreen on youtube without the black borders around the video...

I used the H.264 NTST DV widescreen while ago and uploaded to youtube and got this :(

It looked grand on my local computer when i exported it but when i uploaded it it came out all wrong :(

Can some body tell me what i can do..

The last time i exported in Windows Movie Maker and uploaded to youtube it came out perfect and the way i wanted it but i need to add better effects using adobe premiere so am wondering how to do it..

Hope some one can help

Thanks
    Hi mate try these i found on the web

Quicktime container
    Video codec: H.264
    Quality: 80 (I used 100 and it just takes longer to encode)
    Frame Rate: 29.97 (I guess if you are shooting in 24p, this might be different)
    Bitrate: 5000 (I might try 8000)
    Audio codec: AAC
    Output channels: Stereo
    Frequency: 48kHz

Cheers
    Darren
    5d Flooring Perth WA