Thread: Importing jpegs hangs Premiere 6.5 (Solved)

Default Importing jpegs hangs Premiere 6.5 (Solved)

When I tried to import 50 or so jpegs from a folder to create a slide show DVD Premiere hung up and had to be terminated using Task Manager. The next time I tried I had the info window on and saw which file (52 as it happens) it had hung up on. Is there a limit or something I'm coming up against? By the way the jpeg it hung on imported ok using Import File rather than Import Folder

Also I had no problems creating a slideshow previously, but with perhaps less images.

As the slideshow has approx 200 images I don't fancy sitting importing them one by one!

H
    Athlon XP2000, 750 mb, 2nd hard drive on order (200gb), Pinnacle DV500 DVD, Adobe Premier 6.5 and lots of other sofware that came with the Pinnacle board.

Panasonic NV-GS400

Default There's More

So I tried another folder which did import OK, so I started a new storyboard and dragged the file into it.......so far so good...........clicked on Export to Timeline and Premiere promply bombed out......

Dohhhhhhh

H
    Athlon XP2000, 750 mb, 2nd hard drive on order (200gb), Pinnacle DV500 DVD, Adobe Premier 6.5 and lots of other sofware that came with the Pinnacle board.

Panasonic NV-GS400

Was the second folder the same size - same number of jpegs?

Just a thought, if you import smaller groups, insert them, then render out to an avi, you can assemble your vid in segments.

Did this a lot with 6.5. My final films were finished segments, to which I'd overlay some other bits'n'pieces for a final final cut.

This would get you out of trouble, but doesn't solve why the problem happens.

I split one of the folders into groups of 10 and lo and behold it seemed to be OK but as soon as I clicked on Automate to timeline Premiere bombed out. Its very consistent in this.

Any more thoughts anyone? Has anyone else tried importing jpegs?

H

Panasonic NV-GS400

Blog Entries

I know how cooky apps can be. Just a thought, but try doing a batch encode to TGA or BMP in your graphics app, then import these to Premiere.

Default Much Weirdness

I can only put it down to the strange behavior of Premiere over the last couple of days.........started my PC today and things like Sygate firewall bombed out, IE wouldn't run, even Dr. Watson went out with one of those "Sorry to inconvenience you " messages. After running virus scan in safe mode I had to go back a few days to a valid system restore point (wonderful XP, well some say!) to get it stable again. How odd.

Anyway........

Batch encode..........Would that be in Photoshop? Automate thingy? Something about recording actions ?? My Photoshop is very rusty, you might have guessed. Although I have CS now my course 3 years ago was on a very much older version.

H

Panasonic NV-GS400

Default Partially Solved

I tried to batch open and save as bitmap files all the pics but due to my error saved them as jpegs again. I know that the pics came from several sources one of which must have not been 100 % jpeg compliant because when I loaded them into premiere this time I had no problems (or something like that anyway)

So.............Imported files, opened new storyboard but again when I tried to automate to timeline premiere blows up with an error .

Just to make sure that i still didn't have any duff data I used Nero Vision Express 3 to create a slideshow and it all worked OK. Didn't look very professional, but at least it worked.

The error that is being given is saying quicktime.qts is blowing up. What's that all about? Is quicktime used to show the monitor on screen or something?

Time for a software reload me thinks.....

Panasonic NV-GS400

Default Well, who would have thought

Reinstalled Premiere after uninstalling Quicktime and now Automate to timeline works fine. So that means that somewhere along the line Quicktime is being used by Premiere, maybe to run the monitor window???

Excellent

H

Panasonic NV-GS400