Thread: So very annoying

1. Default So very annoying

Let me first say that I absolutely love Sony Vegas Video. I am using premium 9.0. However, just occasionally when I am rendering a project, all of a sudden it will just stop, normally somewhere in the 60% region. I have to click cancel, I can't do anything else. However, the whole program locks up and I've got to reboot my computer. It wouldn't be so bad if I had the chance to save my project, but it doesn't let me, I've got to then start from scratch.

Anybody else ever have this problem?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    I am using premium 9.0.
    I doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    However, just occasionally when I am rendering a project, all of a sudden it will just stop, normally somewhere in the 60% region.
    If a reboot fixes it, my guess is that something is leaking memory or you're hitting a bit of bad RAM. The problem may be caused by another bit of software not reporting to windows correctly what RAM it's using.
    If you were getting consitent failurse at exactly the same place in the project that would point to bad media, but this doesn't appear to be the case here.
    Tim

could also be a corrupted vid clip, try rendering just the part it stops and see if it manages it OK

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I doubt it

If a reboot fixes it, my guess is that something is leaking memory or you're hitting a bit of bad RAM. The problem may be caused by another bit of software not reporting to windows correctly what RAM it's using.
    If you were getting consitent failurse at exactly the same place in the project that would point to bad media, but this doesn't appear to be the case here.
    I meant Platinum. This isn't the first time I have confused premium and platinum

Anyway, the developers have been very helpful to us users knowing that these things happen. Even though I had to reboot my computer because I couldn't close the program, when I opened it back up again they asked me if I wanted to carry on editing the project I had been working on. So obviously I said yes and the complete project came back up again as I had left it, so I rendered it and it worked that time. I think sometimes you just get these little pictures. Well done to Sony Vegas for building this into their software, saves a lot of frustration. This is a project I was working on. Haven't been using Sony Vegas very long but I really really like it, it is so easy to use