Thread: AVCHD and Adobe CS5 Premiere Pro and After Effects HELP!

Default AVCHD and Adobe CS5 Premiere Pro and After Effects HELP!

I have a JVC Everio 300 that records AVCHD files.

I guess my newb question is...if I want to do stuff in both Premiere Pro then After Effects CS5, do I need to convert this AVCHD file first?

I know CS5 Premiere Pro can import the AVCHD, but what do I export as to bring into After Effects.

Is there a converter out there that I should use before I should even bring this AVCHD file into these programs? One that doesnt degrade too much from the raw file. The raw footage looks great!

I am having a helluva time! I have been trying to just test on a minute long file that I want to be able to email. The end product comes out almost like a slide show. No smooth movements whats so ever!

I have a pretty new beefy computer, etc. So I dont think its my hardware. I am just new to the AVCHD world I guess! HELLP!

If you already have Premiere and After Effect (in CS5) they already include all the conversion software required.

I don't know if you use MAC or WINDOWS; but I doubt there is any reason to use "Brosoft" at all.
    Indeed, I may be inclined to avoid anything from that company in view of reports such as: Software Informer