Thread: Canon XM2, should this happen ?

Default Canon XM2, should this happen ?

First of Hi to everyone, I just stumbled across this forum and this is my first post,I think I will be spending far to much in here

I have just bought my Second DV cam a Canon XM2, and while I am pleased with it I noticed today some colour bleed (think that is what you call it) on blues and reds??

I was shooting in full Auto, as this was first time using it and just wanted to give it a quick test. To be honest I didnt expect this to happen on a cam of this standard??

so I guess I am asking should this happen or is my camera faulty in some way?

the only other thing I know I did was press the ND filter button by mistake could this have sothing to do with it ?

as you can guess I am new to all of this so any help would be much appreciated

Regards

invasion

Blog Entries

It *could* be an issue with lighting and the DV codec. But as I always say, I'm not a techie. Could you post a short clip converted to WMV or post a still?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    It *could* be an issue with lighting and the DV codec. But as I always say, I'm not a techie. Could you post a short clip converted to WMV or post a still?
    I have just been looking at some other stuff I filmed today, and it seems to be mainly on the side the light is coming from when shooting indoors and when outdoors it shows on the edge of my wifes blue jacket and also most noticable on my sons white cycle helmet, almost like a ghost you used to get when your tv wasnt quite tuned in???

will try to post a short clip tomorrow if I get time to pick up a firewire cable as it didnt come with one and I can figure out how to do it lol.

Thanks for your help appreciated

Regards