Thread: what format to render to?

Default what format to render to?

Hi everyone,

Well I have finally caught up a little with the times and moved to HD cameras and editing. This is something I have been planning for just over a year, but never needed to, as none of my clients requested Bluray, everyone preferred standard dvd.
    My old editing system (RIP) was based around a Canopus DVstorm, and Adobe premiere 6.5, which served me very well, and was very stable, being built and supplied by PlanetPC for the purpose of video production. I used to render the movie out as an mpeg2 via LSX mpeg, and open up DVDit pro 6 to create a dvd.

Now, I have a new quadcore pc system with 4gb RAM, an 8800GT graphics card and no capture card. I capture via a firewire card. I have twin 20inch widescreen monitors. One displays the editing package, the other displays the video. I record at 1080HD, capture at hi def, edit in hi def, but am at a loss as to which format to save it out as. I have Adobe CS3 master collection, and im looking at using Adobe encore to create dvd and bluray, but moving from premiere 6.5 to creative suite 3 is a huge learning curve. Any pointers/tips would be most welcome.

Thanks everyone.

As you know you create mpeg2 files for standard DVD's and m2t files for Blu-Ray. I've never used Adobe so can't advise. Is thee some sort of AVCHD preset? You could try that.