Thread: Anyone advertise on Visual Bride? LOOK!!

Default Anyone advertise on Visual Bride? LOOK!!

As a wedding & Event videographer, I am always (probably like most of you) checking on how my advertising is doing. I have a great web designer who created me an stats page to view my web page hits and links etc.

I have recently began advertising on Visual Bride, and after about a week or so, I ran a test to see how it is working.

Test 1)
    I view my stats on my website, and compare it to the stats on my visual bride advert. As you can see I had 2 hits from visual bride to my website, yet visual bride claims I had 5. Incidently, these 2 hits were generated when i was setting up the advert by myself.

Test2)
    After browsing visual bride, i then clicked on my advert, and then clicked on the button which will link potential clients to my website. As you can see, my stats immediately generated the hit, yet the stats on visual bride never moved.

For a start, I would like to know where Visual bride get the 5 hits from, as my site only shows the 2 that i generated, and then the 3rd during my test.

Conclusion: Well, I will let you draw your own conclusions to this one, but i think i am through wih Visual bride!!!...

And as a final thought, i checked my stats on visual bride nearly an hour later, and the stats still never moved lol
    Last edited by SASMAN; 05-25-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, you can't draw any conclusions from these stats:
    • The small variance is likely a report anomoly. We don't know whether your web stats, or the visualbride stats are correct.
    • Your test is for a short period of time; VisualBride sends highly targeted traffic, which means your ROI is likely to be high, but the physical click count likely to be low (this is a niche market).
    What you should really be looking at is the popularity of VisualBride in general. Alexa is a free tool that provides insight into website popularity. As it's free, it's not quite as accurate (or insightful) as the market leading tools, but it helps give an indications. The following info is provided:
    • the website is ranked 1,462,996
    • is visited more frequently by users who are in the age range 35-44, have no children, are college educated and browse this site from work.
    • The top seach query that drives traffic to the site is wedding photographers manchester
    Do these stats tie up with your demographic? As a comparison, this is the Alexa info for videoforums:
    • ranked 46,994 (10,992 in the UK)
    • is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 18-24, have no children, have no college education and browse this site from home.
    • The top search query is nothing to do with weddings!
    So although advertising here would give you more clicks, it would not targetted traffic. Incidently, we get a lot of ads from videographers on the site, as the site is a video site...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    • is visited more frequently by males who are in the age range 18-24, have no children, have no college education and browse this site from home.
    • The top search query is nothing to do with weddings!
    That certainly doesn't seem to match the demographic of those who post here. Anyone care to propose any conclusions?

I can only assume this is number of unique visitors (or IP address). I can see that demographic fitting people who come along maybe once or twice to research, ask their one question, look for "home movies (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) or just to be geekish.

Whereas if it was based on total number of visits the demographic would be very specific: Midnight Blue
    Tim

Blog Entries

At last a topic on videoforums where I can have an informed opinion! That demographic sits well with casual, one time posters, but is at complete odds with our "regulars". However, for an advertising prespective, this is good. It means ads are targeted at people that visit the site looking for a specific answer. Once they find it (or don't), they click on a relevant link to exit. Sometimes that's an ad.