Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 6 musicians, 4 countries, 2 continents, 1 jam

  1. #1

    Smile 6 musicians, 4 countries, 2 continents, 1 jam

    Hi, friends. This is a jam with some friends around the world. Please take note that each one film their selfs, I did the video synchro and edition. Some one here, in this forum, gave me the idea of using a map or something to show where people is, so I'm using it here. Hope you like it. Thank you.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sometimes you just have to sit back and think what's going on here, what's available to ordinary people across the world. Whilst I' very well aware that many, many people do not have access to this technology due to location or poverty, this is nevertheless quite incredible.

    But we're still not all wearing silver jumpsuits, satisfying our nutitional requirements with a couple of pills and travelling around on jet-packs. Whetever happened to the future I was led to expect?

    Real happy sound. A vid for our time.
    Tim

  3. #3

    Default

    Tim you forgot about flying cars.

    Nice one Jcp. As ever well played and I thought it was nicely put together.

    I see you haven't ventured outside your home studio yet.

  4. #4

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Tim you forgot about flying cars.

    Nice one Jcp. As ever well played and I thought it was nicely put together.

    I see you haven't ventured outside your home studio yet.
    Yes, my friend, I did it... but you don't want to watch it, hahaha, thank you.

  5. #5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sometimes you just have to sit back and think what's going on here, what's available to ordinary people across the world. Whilst I' very well aware that many, many people do not have access to this technology due to location or poverty, this is nevertheless quite incredible.

    But we're still not all wearing silver jumpsuits, satisfying our nutitional requirements with a couple of pills and travelling around on jet-packs. Whetever happened to the future I was led to expect?

    Real happy sound. A vid for our time.
    Thank you, Tim. Inspiring.

  6. Default

    I've watched most of your videos but never made it to the end of any of them!
    Musos & jams are boring.
    A guy playing along with himself is even more boring
    And a guy filming himself playing along with himself is about as boring as it can get!
    But i have to say this video changed all that. The concept of the global jam made it interesting & watchable, & as usual the musicianship was first class.

    If I was making this I would have played more on the interchange of ideas ie:
    The keyboard player records his riff onto a cd, he gives it to a courier who drives away taking it to the next guy who puts it in his player & starts to jam along while the courier keeps driving & hands another copy to the acoustic player & so on. Then at the end the courier pulls into a layby for a fag, turns on his radio & hears the final product.
    It's visual things like this you need to incorporate to elevate a film of a bunch of musos into entertainment for the rest of the world.

    Sarah

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Sarah,
    What a great idea! You've clearly missed (or just caught up with) your vocation. Like all the best ideas it is startlingly simple, but requires genius to spot it.
    And of course you know all about animating vans in videos ....
    Tim

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks. Well done. I enjoyed the music alot more 'Double Distance'.

    I believe it was my post which suggested a map. If so - then yes; it was a help (for the short time it appeared). And I also though the players looked clearer and colourful.

    I can merely repeat my grumble that no footage exists of the drummer (or an operator setting/playing the robotic drum system).

    Whilst I would be proud to have been part of the video; I might be wondering "what next"? 4 part vocal harmonies perhaps?

  9. #9

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    I've watched most of your videos but never made it to the end of any of them!
    Musos & jams are boring.
    A guy playing along with himself is even more boring
    And a guy filming himself playing along with himself is about as boring as it can get!
    But i have to say this video changed all that. The concept of the global jam made it interesting & watchable, & as usual the musicianship was first class.

    If I was making this I would have played more on the interchange of ideas ie:
    The keyboard player records his riff onto a cd, he gives it to a courier who drives away taking it to the next guy who puts it in his player & starts to jam along while the courier keeps driving & hands another copy to the acoustic player & so on. Then at the end the courier pulls into a layby for a fag, turns on his radio & hears the final product.
    It's visual things like this you need to incorporate to elevate a film of a bunch of musos into entertainment for the rest of the world.

    Sarah
    Thank you, Sarah, for watching it till the end and for the great idea. Sometimes for musicians just one camera angle is enough, but maybe is time to make things in a different way to make it more interesting to other people more than musicians. I want to show, even with our web cameras and handy cams, how interesting could be the music process. Thank you.

  10. #10

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Thanks. Well done. I enjoyed the music alot more 'Double Distance'.

    I believe it was my post which suggested a map. If so - then yes; it was a help (for the short time it appeared). And I also though the players looked clearer and colourful.

    I can merely repeat my grumble that no footage exists of the drummer (or an operator setting/playing the robotic drum system).

    Whilst I would be proud to have been part of the video; I might be wondering "what next"? 4 part vocal harmonies perhaps?
    Thank you, Tim... Yes, it was you, thank you again. I used a Google Earth close up for the locations in a video before this one (Amanhecer sem fronteiras) thanks to your idea. And if I remember you suggested me the use of lights, too.

    In this one I thought that the use of equipment footage would make it a very busy video and I wanted to keep the attention on musicians. Again, that was another video before where I used the drum machine and a percussion section (Nunca) and it did work very good. Thank you for your valuable ideas.

Similar Threads

  1. NYC subway musicians, canon 7D
    By mike kobal in forum User Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
  2. Musicians want entry to world of video
    By Sarah & Allison in forum Technology advice and tips
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •