Thread: Studio 9 SE? menus?

Default Studio 9 SE? menus?

Hi Folks, apologies but I am a complete Noob to Pinnacle, so please be patient...

I have just purchased a copy of pinnacle studio 9 SE (for the obvious reason being that it was very cheap)... So far it does exactly what I want it to do, I have created a couple of home movies with nice transition effects and titles etc and I am very happy with my purchase...

Anyhoot I digress... I am wanting to add menus to my movies and am having some difficulty in doing so... I am capturing seperate avi movies from my camcorder and placing each movie on to the timeline thingy so they become 1 big movie, I would like a menu to differenciate each seperate avi movie... I can use one of the pre authored menus supplied with the software and use set chapter option which works OK ish some of the time (a lot of the clips don't allow me to do this for some reason)... Even with this done, if I go and make any changes what so ever to the menu screen, the menu then turns into a title screen and cannot be used as a menu!!! This is the same if I try to create my own menu from scratch as soon as I go back to a saved menu, it has turned itself into a title screen!!!

Now, this may be because I am using the SE version, or it may be that I am really really THICK, Either way any pointers, tips, tricks or help of any kind would be very highly appreciated...

Thanks for your time and patience and remember I am very poor and hence very cheap so upgrading my SE version is a very last resort...

Somebodiy please reply, even if it is to tell me how increadibly DUMB I am being...

dhehir:

I know that

I really do not know how to answer this one as I have not experienced what you are stating. I do know that back on Version 8 that Pinnacle had an issue with Menus but my understanding and what I have seen and experienced is that this was resolved in Version 9.

I would double check to make sure that you have ALL of the latest updates/patches for your version that you need. Other than that I will have to let someone else handle this. SORRY :cry:
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Default major problems with studio 9 SE menus

I'm having problems with the same thing. It was hard enough getting the chapter links working. It asks if you want to do manual or automatic so I choose manual. Then it does them automatic!?! So i delete all the extra links but they don't link to the buttons on the menu. The button selector in the menu editor window doesn't work. I hope someone figures this out. I really want SE to work because it says it should and I don't need all the features of the full version.

I have a feeling it's not going to be fixed. :(

I upgraded to version 9.3.5

nathan