Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Whta's the name of this Effect?

  1. #1

    Default Whta's the name of this Effect?

    Hey guys,

    Noob question here, Watch the first 10 seconds of this video

    Can anyone tell me the name of this effect, the kind of orange distorted lighting effect around the borders of the image. Does anyone know what it's called and how I got about doing it in Adobe?

    Thanks guys!

  2. #2


    Looks like some sort of lens flare to me. I don't Adobe so I can't tell you how to do it.

  3. Default Not a lens flare

    Its not a lens flare the effect is actaully called a film burn. You can purchase them but one single clip can be up to $200. Here is a link for some free ones theirs four of them in hd and the rest are in sd but they scale up well. ProLost - ProLost Blog - FilmBurn

    If you are going to buy some artbeats do two collection's called film cutter and film clutter 2
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

  4. #4


    Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it!

  5. #5


    How does one tell the difference between "lens flare" and "film burn"?

  6. #6


    they look different, lens flare looks more like when you watch the sunny sky through a round window or through glasses or the windshield while film burn will look like it's starting to happen from the edges of the screen or so but there won't be longer light lines coming from their origin.

    At least that's how i think

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Telford, West Midlands


    You could get a passable similar effect by creating a colour still-frame and adjusting its transparency to the level you want using the fade effect.

Similar Threads

  1. Need Some Serious Help w/Effect
    By alhagaghad in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 08:24 PM
  2. Sony Vegas effect: Strange unadjusted effect block
    By MyInfectiousHate in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 11:11 PM
  3. is there a rewind effect or a fast forward effect or like
    By Troy Jones in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
  4. Need help with an effect
    By keyboardfukh? in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
  5. Effect help
    By defjam85 in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 01:17 AM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts