Thread: Laggy vegas 9.0 Pro (Fast computer)

1. Default Laggy vegas 9.0 Pro (Fast computer)

Hello i've being editing some video game gameplay and its laggy when it previews especially when it gets up to the transition it skips a little. I've tried giving it a higher prioity in the processes menu. And its set to Draft (Half) also i rendered the clip once in vegas and put it back in again and its still laggy.

Before you go your computer is probally crap please take note. The only program running is symantec endpoint protection and my computer is quite good apart from the graphics card. Here are the specs

Duel core 3.20GHZ processor
    4GB Memory
    256Mb graphics card (The fan did break on it so my brother put a new one on but i doubt this is as effective)

I was wondering what you think it could be thanks alot.
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

1. What format of video are you using?
    2. Do the project properties match that format?
    3. Have you tried 'preview to RAM'? (shift/B)

3. Default

The format im using is wmv the video is not hd but widescreen. The properties don't match that format because its on 720p. And when i do a ram preview it only works one time to make it smooth.
    When the pin is pulled mr grenade is not your friend but when the handle flys off he definitely hates you

4. Default

I tried the wide screen setting and it made no difference. Could it be my graphics card?

If your preview setting is on draft, my usual advice would be to do a defrag. Are you running the program and the video from different hard drives that may help.

If you go into the project properties (I'm assuming you know how to do this?) click on the little folder icon, then navigate to your file. Double click it, and Vegas will set the project properties to the closest match it can. When you've done that, does it make any difference?

RAM preview is for previewing more complex effects that Vegas would struggle to preview 'on the fly'. It should work as many times as you want - until you make a change, then it needs shift/B again.
    Last edited by Archie; 05-23-2010 at 03:42 PM.