Thread: Premiere Pro CS5 transitions preview...

Default Premiere Pro CS5 transitions preview...

Hello all,
    Having cruised through these forums in the past I saw that everyone seemed really nice and helpful so thought I might ask a question that has been driving me made.
    Been playing around with lots of new movie suites and can easily see that Premiere Pro CS5 is by far the most powerful. However I find Sony Vegas MovieStudio Platinum 9.0 easier to use as it lets me preview any of the hundreds of transitions I have installed before applying them to the timeline. With Premiere Pro it seems I have to add them, view it and then undo it- just to see if I like the transition. Is there no A-B transition preview like in every other production suite I've tested. I understand that it's aimed at prosummers and professionals but surely they'd find it easier too.
    Many many thanks in advance if anyone is able to shed any light on this- I'd love to choose Premiere Pro as my main NLE. Keep up the good work.
    Respectfully yours,

Lauzer

Default Any Help would really help me out....

Any Help would really help me out....
    L

I think Adobe tends to treat transitions as effects. Given the options for customising them, they may think it counter productive to show a gallery; in case a User thinks - 'Oh - is that it all it does'.

I have never seen a gallery showing the Premiere transitions, unlike the 20 pages of examples for Adobe's "After Effects" (gallery | Adobe After Effects CS5)

There is a small selection shown in the Premiere help pages (Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 * About the effect reference) , where Adobe confirm that you are already following the correct procedure "to preview an effect not in this gallery, apply it and preview it in the Program Monitor".

AFAIK, many of the Premiere perform similarly to the ones in AE.

I think you are right about the Users which Premiere attracts. They often know/learn in advance what effect they want; and don't need to play with the software as do mortals like you and I