Thread: Studio 14 Ultimate import problems

Default Studio 14 Ultimate import problems

Hi!

I need some help. A week ago I installed Studio 14 Ultimate Trial version. It worked perfect the first two times, I used it. So I bought the full version, and it was automatically activated. So far - so not so good. Since then, I am met by the following message: "Studio 14 Ultimate is not set for PAL", when I want to import or choose video-files. Even when I click the ones, that once worked just fine in the trial version. My camera is Canon HF200 - set to full HD resolution.

My first idea was just to reinstall. But no no, Studio had other ideas, and uninstall was impossible. Pinnacle support offers no help. They don't even try. I got desperate and formatted my c-drive. That seemed to do the trick. First attempt to edit video in HD was succesfull. The second was not! Same message: "Studio 14 Ultimate is not set for PAL" My hair is turning grey!

It seems to me, that Pinnacle have released software, that only qualify as beta-version. They offer no support, and there is no available update, that solves such issues. I am not happy! But as Pinnacle don't seem to care about customers, I hope some of you can help.

Do you have PAL ticked in you settings. It needs to know so it can work on the correct frame rate. ie PAL = 25fps. NTSC = 30fps.

As to why it worked at first and then didn't I don't know. Are you using footage from a different source ?

Studio is set to find out by looking at the first frame, I think. But I have tried all PAL settings also, and it didn't change anything.

Same source. I even tried the same files, that worked fine in the trial version...

I only used Pinnacle up to version 10 so I'm not sure how it's developed since then. Obviously not very well if it's still full of bugs like the one you've got.

The only setting I know of is a tick box in the settings to tell it that to run in PAL mode or NTSC mode.

Putting the first clip on the time line in the older versions only determined if it was 4:3 or 16:9 footage.