Thread: New Camera, new problems :(

Default New Camera, new problems :(

Hello all, new to the forums. Looks like an informative place to frequent.

Now, I have issues !!!!

New camera. Its a Millenius HD-120z. If you haven't heard of it I'm not surprised. Its just new on the market over here (australia) and I suspect its one of those aftermarket models that gets sent to various distributors and just relabeled to which ever brand is selling it.

Anyway. That's probably my first problem. Sucked into the good value price tag with full HD recording...

Moving on.

There is no firewire and I'm stupid for not even considering the importance of that. All it has is USB and HDMI out connectors. Which seems to mean I simply cannot stream directly to the PC because i cannot figure out how to make that happen. Pitty, because its otherwise a pretty good device.

So if anyone can confirm or deny the futility of that one for me I would appreciate it.

( edit; 2nd problem solved with codec updates)

So any advice or help on any of these problems would be highly appreciated. Time is of the essence too!

Thanking you in advance
    Last edited by videoguy123; 05-16-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Welcome to the forum.

You're right! Never heard of the camera. You don't say what the recording medium is. Does the camera use tapes? It is more likely that it uses memory cards, and if that is the case, you don't need firewire, just transfer the footage to the hard disc on your computer via usb and away you go..... (The same goes if it records to a hard drive, transfer the files to your PC)
    Modern, even cheap, HD camcorders do not need to be streamed in real time, and USB 2 is the same speed as firewire (400).
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)