Thread: Looking for a new Camcorder

Default Looking for a new Camcorder

Hey im new on the board, srry if this is the wrong section.

I am looking for an HD camcorder. Something under $800 will be ideal. I am pretty handy with editing programs like sony vegas and after effects etc so i want something that will work on those programs.

Basically i want something that will work with my computer. Iv got a Gateway PC, pretty new, bough it a year ago.

I will be making videos for youtube in HD and some other projects so something that works well in day and has decent night shot capability.

One major thing it needs to have is an option for wireless Mic. I know wireless mics are bit pricey but i can deal with that. But the camcorder should have an option where i can hook the setup with.

people have been suggesting me the canon vixia HF R10

any suggestions?

no suggestions???

First off, welcome to the forum.

You say you need something that works with your PC, but only give a brand, not a spec for it, so more information needed really!
    Most HD camcorders use AVCHD to record their footage, which needs not only a very high spec PC, but also the latest versions of AE and Vegas. If you can match those needs, then many of the mid-range cameras from Canon, Panasonic or Sony will meet your needs. Just check that they have a mic socket as part of their spec.

I use the Canon HF200, which falls inside your budget I believe, and use a wireless mic through an XLR audio adaptor on the bottom of the camera, although I could rig it without the adaptor and record to a mono channel.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)