Thread: HELP! Sony Handycam Crap machine!!

Default HELP! Sony Handycam Crap machine!!

I have a Sony Handycam, about 5 years old. As we know, you cannot record individual videos with this crappy camera, only 30 minute long videos. So I got software to split my videos which is fantastic! But...played around with some menu functions at one point, and now my videos don't have the counter attached to them anymore. When I try to split my videos, it says:

Does not contain valid audio data

What did I change in the menu for that to happen? I need to fix it fast as all my videos of my young children are not able to be imported inot video editing software!!!

If anyone has any insight to this, I'd really appreciate your help.

Yes, it is DVD based. I have always used DVD RW+ in my video camera, which you do not need to finalize for it to work on a PC. Then I switched to DVD RW- to see if I was able to split the videos right in the video camera, which did not work. So, now when I go back to the DVD RW+, I have lost that counter.

In order to split a video into smaller segments, you need the counter to show where to start the split, and where to end it.

I have tried finalizing my DVDs, unfinalizing, and have tried on several different DVDs and the problem happens no matter what I do.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks for your help!!!

Yes, I copy each DVD onto my PC, then re-use the DVD in my camcorder...formatting it first of course.

The camera is the Sony handycam DVD-DVD92 NTSC.

The thing is, all videos I've taken for the last 4 years have worked fine, and since trying a DVD RW-, it has gone all screwy. I don't understand!