Thread: adobe after effects CS3

Default adobe after effects CS3

okay, I just have a couple quick questions about adobe after effects CS3.

1. If I have my video in a large number of still frames(.tga file type) is there a fast way of turning that into a video? Or would I have to add the images one frame at a time?

2. I wanted to preview both audio and video at the same time at a point in the middle of the video, is there any way to do that?

if the images all have the same name followed by a number i.e PIC_001, PIC_002 etc then you can import the whole set as though it were a video clip and work with it like it;s a video clip.

yeah, all the images have the same name followed by a number. How would I turn that into a video though? Where would I have to go to do that?

Like, when I go:
    file>import
    the only options available are "file, multiple files, adobe clip notes comments, vanishing point(.vpe), placeholder, solid"
    so where would I go to find something like an "import image sequence"?
    Last edited by Ryan M; 05-11-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Blog Entries

As Alan says, Premiere will regard this as a video. Simply drop this 'virtual' video onto your timeline, and then export as a video.

it regarded all the images I put in as stills, and made the duration for each of them the entire length of the composition. I would have to manually lower the duration of each image frame by frame.

Blog Entries

You only need to import the first still in the sequence. When you do this, make sure you check "Numbered Stills". If you drop this imported still onto the timeline, it should be seen as a video (i.e. use all of the stills as a seqeunce

okay, I'll try that, thanks marc!

It really depends on what you're trying to do, but generally you need to export the different parts / pieces / layers. I typically use quicktime movies with the animation preset which is lossless. Also, set your colors to Millions of colors+ so you'll have an alpha channel and it will keep transparency. This is just an example when exporting from After Effects. I don't use Vegas, so I can't say if going the other way is similar or not.
    facebook backgrounds | Layout Generator
    Last edited by Cornelius Toby; 12-15-2010 at 07:19 AM.

you can import the TGA files as a targa sequence.
    I don't know about premiere, because I use Final Cut Pro, but in After effects you can choose "open as TGA sequence" in the pull down menu of the import menu.