Thread: English Education Video

Default English Education Video

This is a video I made for my English students (I live in Japan) called English 101, I split it into 3 parts, I'll post a link to the beginning part but the basic lesson is : Example conversation (with that lessons grammar) , grammar point explanations, specific examples of grammar from example conversation.

I'd eventually like to get these good enough to sell them in DVD's.

[ame=]YouTube - English 101: Grammar Lesson with Randall League #1 part1[/ame]

I found it very interesting as my own understanding of grammar is badder that Boke's.
    Whilst I appreciate that adjectives turn into comparitive adjectives, it is reasonable to use the word "thing" instead of "noun".

I am curious. The talent's faces are some distance from the camera. Does that make it harder to follow the conversation?

Nothing to fault on this. Except saying Yeah in stead of Yes.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Nice and stylish. Simple without being condescending. Not too flashy.

I too wonder whether we shouldn't see the faces in close up, so we can see the mouth movement in more detail - whilst this is about grammar and syntax, anything which reinforces how the words are spoken must only be good.

Two areas I thought were not quite right: The talent was looking off screen to the right when "reading" in the car park ("China is bigger than Cuba") but the words were below him. Odd.

Similarly, I think it was a mistake to leave the "China is bigger than Cuba" on screen when he says "James is taller than Mike".

Other than that I thought it was lively, imaginitive and professional.