Thread: New Guy to Video Editing....

Default New Guy to Video Editing....

...Quick question. I understand that desktops provide numerous advantages (price, ability to upgrade, etc.), however, I would appreciate opinions of the ability of the following laptaop system for home editing of AVCHD files (Thanks in advance!!!):

Operating systemGenuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHzMemory$50 OFF! 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)Hard drive320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive ProtectionGraphics card1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7 ProcessorsDisplay15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x76Primary optical driveBlu-ray +/-R/RW with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer SupportPersonalizationWebcam + Fingerprint ReaderNetworkingIntel Wireless-N Card with BluetoothTV & entertainment experienceHP Integrated HDTV Hybrid TunerKeyboardHP KeyboardPrimary battery6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard)Modem PortNo ModemOS and recovery mediaSystem Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitProductivity softwareMicrosoft(R) Works 9.0

The only thing you are going to be short on with that rig is hard drive space, so plan on using an external drive as well.
    I have six honest, serving men. They taught me all I knew.
    Their names are What and Why and When. And How and Where and Who! (Rudyard Kipling)