Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Topical Music Video

Default A Topical Music Video

This is something a friend and I knocked together in quick time. An anthem for the apathetic as the General Election looms...

Robert Martin Kelly
    Promo, training, instruction and music videos in the Thames Valley, Windsor, Slough, Berks areas:
    www.robertmartinkelly.com

Blog Entries

Loved it. Some pretty funny lines and a superb choice of accompanying photos.
    I liked the way it turned itself on its head - initially complaining that there's no-one worth voting for and then accusing people who don't vote of being the first to complain and finally sympathising with the politicians for the tough kjob they have.

No-one can say your not looking at it from all angles. I reckon even the BBC could play it on election day.

Thanks
    Tim

3. Default

Awful!
    That belongs with all the dreadful football & Christmas songs ever released.
    So that's the real Mark Handley is it? We preferred the guy in the pullover.

Sarah & Allison & Tina

Nice one Rob. I'm afraid this song sums up my view of politicians. I think all the parties have blended into one mushy pile of slop.

Notice I applied a lot of self discipline to not say a naughty word.

5. Default

Oh dear just read what we wrote the other night!
    We'd been out on the razzle & we do get a bit lairy (Allison's a bad influence!)
    Still think apathy is nothing to be celebrated & topical, novelty songs are a pet hate but we didnt mean to be rude!

Can't all forum members be breathalysed before being allowed to log in?

Sarah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    Oh dear just read what we wrote the other night!

And where would be the fun in that?

I think "forthright" is the word I'd use rather than "rude". I like someone who speaks their mind.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post

Sarah
    If this was the case I'd never be able to log in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If this was the case I'd never be able to log in.
    Depends on the criteria. Perhaps we should only log in if we have above a certain amount of alcohol in our bloodstream.
    Tim

So we all get half cut before we log on. That would be an interesting evening

10. Default

Really good video I thought. The musician wasn't all that good, but reminded me of Bill Nighy's role in Love Actually. He's a pretty bad singer, but that added to the overall humour I felt.

The pictures worked well, and had an element of cheese that really worked with the 3d wipes and typically bad transitions. The simple dissolve was actually the only one I didn't like. With the pace and tone of the song, it all really worked well together.

I had a smile on my face throughout, but did start to get bored of it, and tired of hearing his voice. The song would be better about a minute shorter IMO.

The cuts were smooth and nice camera work. There was some over-exposure on the singer at points, and I'd suggest avoiding the lower res photos included. There were only a couple of them. That's about all the criticism I can whip up though.

Really enjoyed it. Good stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast