Thread: Dowload from camcorder to PC. Video works but sound doesnt

Default Dowload from camcorder to PC. Video works but sound doesnt

Hi Guys. I can download the video from the camcorder tape to PC ok via the USB cable but the sound does not come over. Sound has definitely been recorded as I can hear the sound and see the video when I replay the tape on the camcorder. I have re-loaded all the drivers from the Sony CD onto my PC from scratch. Other mulit-media files are producing sound on PC ok, so there are no issues with speakers being on mute or anything like that on the PC. Any ideas?

What is the file format ? Are there separate video and audio files on the camera recording memory card ? Can you play the video directly from the camera ? Is this the first time you've tried it ?

What is the file format ? The file format is the default generated by ImageMixer (the software provided with the Sony Camcorder) and it is .mpg.

Are there separate video and audio files on the camera recording memory card ? I am recording to the tape since the memory card only holds 1 minute of video. When I download it to the PC using Image Mixer only a single file is generated.

Can you play the video directly from the camera ? Yes and both the video and sound work when I play the video directly from the camera.

Is this the first time you've tried it ? Yes, it is