Thread: So, what do ya think? (Music Video/Blue Screen critique)

1. Default So, what do ya think? (Music Video/Blue Screen critique)

I just started videography and editing in January ( I have been doing digital music production for 20 years - if you need soundtrack work or music/loop construction kits, any style jazz, funk, techno, country, rock, whatever, feel free to PM me)....A question I would like answered is "Should I try a different screen color other than BLUE"? Feel free to post whatever comments, criticizms, thumbs ups, or thumbs downs. Feedback is greatly appreciated to learn

Tell me what you think

Last edited by DevilRaysFan; 04-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.

2. Default

36 views and no comments...that either tells me that its pretty good or it really really sucks

3. Default

That was really cool!!
    Great idea, great visuals, great song. You'd have a sensation there if the animation wasn't so abysmal!
    It totally ruins what is a brilliant little idea.
    I see you've been doing a Gothic Toyz video every month since January & the animation hasnt improved at all, which is a real shame.
    I dont see any advantage in changing your blue screen unless you want to use blue in the foreground when you film.
    You should mix your voice higher in the songs aswell.
    Get somebody else to do the animation & you'd have a winner there.

Allison
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 04-30-2010 at 10:08 AM.

I have to agree with Allison. You could maybe try and give the video a bit more of a narrative to add interest. I also thought there was to many visual effects for my personal taste. I know this style of video requires them but I feel there was just to many in this video. Sometimes less is more, if you know what I mean.

I agree with Allison that you have a good idea for the video with a reasonable song it needs more work on the animation. And waving a doll in front of a camera isn't real animation.

Good luck.

5. Default

Many Many Thanks for the Feedback...To me this is critical. My original intent was to do actual animations with the characters, but as I was doing the first video (not posted here), I thought that it was more "campy/tongue-in-cheek/out-in-left-field/etc" if I just shook 'em around in front of the camera...So, the consensus so far is that I should actually animate?

I didn't mean to be over critical, I just didn't get the affect that you was after from the video. I see now that you have explained it why you went the way you did with it.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I didn't mean to be over critical, I just didn't get the affect that you was after from the video. I see now that you have explained it why you went the way you did with it.
    over critical is perfectly fine and I guess i shouldve explained the 'campy' aspect in the OP......still, if doing actual animations would be an improvement, Im all for it. After you said this, it made me think "Well, just how many videos can I make with the "waving" formula before it gets old hat?" so your point was indeed valid and many thanks for that...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DevilRaysFan View Post
    Many Many Thanks for the Feedback...To me this is critical. My original intent was to do actual animations with the characters, but as I was doing the first video (not posted here), I thought that it was more "campy/tongue-in-cheek/out-in-left-field/etc" if I just shook 'em around in front of the camera...So, the consensus so far is that I should actually animate?
    OR shak'em around a lot more...fairly high tempo music...mov'em around man...

The newbie's 2 cents: I think its pretty cool for an out-in-left-field video I disagree that you would need to shake the characters MORE .. but if I were going to try a faster speed of shakes.. I might add "new" toys/characters as "fans" in the audience.. and maybe have them shakin up a bit faster or with their hands up and down .. to the music.. but again im FISH-OUTTA-WATER-NEWBIE..
    Feel free to take my opinion with grains of salt.. splattered around the rim of a glass ... filled with margarita mix and Epsolon tequila!
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-10-2013 at 10:04 AM.