Thread: "Blinding Taint Punch" Music Video

Default "Blinding Taint Punch" Music Video

Hey guys this is my Second music video that i have shot and edited. i'm hoping to get some feedback. The video is for my own band Shark Repellent anyway guys enjoy!!!

peace,

Ricky Razor
    Last edited by RickyRazor(SR); 04-29-2010 at 05:11 AM.

I was going to review your video until I noticed the subliminal. This is one of my pet hates in videos, TV, Films etc..... Please don't put subliminals in videos. No I will not "buy your Merch" I already "clean my teeth".

I found the narrative of the video as incomprehensible as the lyrics of the song which probably means you have made a successful video for this genera.

Did I mention I hate videos with subliminals.

I thought the editing was better than some of the filming. Other than any technical issues; not all the scenes were exiting. Looks like the shots of the gig were a real gig; and the editor had to made do with a meagre amount of footage.
    I though some of the captions were nice, like when someone got hit in time with a bass drum sound.

The fontsize of the credits are a little small. I found it difficult to read the names. Makes it harder for the punter to know where to buy the CD.

I liked some of the shots. At 3:00 as the hooded friends catch up with the man. I was hoping they might kill him and spread his blood around the street.

Dramatically, I found it all confusing. The portrayal of the artists as mindless louts may not be universally appealing.

In my opinion, the song might not win Eurovision this year.

4. Default

Some forms of music are so relentlessly male & the imagery they adopt so deliberately repellant, like a sign warning No Women Allowed that only a bass playing rock bitch like me would venture in without facial hair & sweat glands!

I liked the start but when your music started it is so uncompromising it was like a warning to leave, born out by the violence that followed.
    But then the Marvel Comic text in the fight scenes helped me decide the whole thing was meant tongue in cheek & I relaxed my grip on my Taser & started to enjoy the video.
    The acting was good & the fight scenes aswell, & when I discovered the humour & the clever ending I realised I'd been entertained not threatened.
    Good video , but the music needs a woman's touch!

Sarah

Blog Entries

I just liked tha Batman references. I trust the band name is from the now imfamous shark repellant bat-spray. Please tell me it is.
    Tim

Tim,

Oh yes it's from the shark repellent bat-spray!! thanks for picking up on the batman references. We love batman and punk rock so we try to combine the two whenever is possible. If our songs are not referencing batman, they are all really tongue and cheek. We try not to take anything to serious.

peace,

Ricky Razor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRazor(SR) View Post
    We try not to take anything to serious.
    That came across in the vid. The music came across all macho, but it all looked very much like an act, like you're playing characters.
    Tim