Thread: A Very Unhappy Camper!

Angry A Very Unhappy Camper!

I upgraded to Sony Vegas Pro 9d and I'm having kittens. For some reason the program constantly locks up stops responding. Today everything was working fine until I imported a HD mp4 files onto the timeline and program froze up. I've tried deleting the file and the program locks up.

Earlier, the video was doing breakups (colored squares) when I tried mixing two different types of video source files. It appears to have something to do with the video card.

Any trouble shooting suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Default

You may have answered your own question...Perhaps your video card is inadequate for the upgraded program...Does your existing card meet the required specs....?

I can't see how upgrading from version 9c to 9d could make you graphics card redundant. What makes you think it's a graphics card problem Digger. If you've been messing around with software it's much more likely to be a software issue, may be codec but I'm clueless really.

Did you sort out MXF file problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I can't see how upgrading from version 9c to 9d could make you graphics card redundant. What makes you think it's a graphics card problem Digger. If you've been messing around with software it's much more likely to be a software issue, may be codec but I'm clueless really.

Did you sort out MXF file problem ?
    Well, I upgraded directly from Vegas Pro 8d to Vegas Pro 9d (that was what was offered).

I'll check on my video card and see if it is obsolete, now. I also just noticed (I'm reinstalling the who shooting match) that by Boris Plugins are only good for 8. I'll need to find upgrades for that pretty penny of software, as well.

Is there no end to this madness.

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    Is there no end to this madness.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Nope.
    I was afraid of that! Ok, Plan B, go driver huntin!

vegas , cares not for the video card, so that is a red herring.

V8 should still be on your system, check that works OK as per norm

Fresh install is the way I would go, but what type of files are they and from what camera?

When tried the files form a Canon D7, my machine would lock up and crashed as well, I had to convert them to a different file format to wrok.