Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Movie Maker under my name?

Blog Entries

Default Windows Movie Maker under my name?

This has been the subject of so many posts recently I'm wondering whether we shouldn't change the title for new posters from Windows Movie Maker to:
    Don't ask why it says this under your name
    Tim

Tee Hee.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This has been the subject of so many posts recently I'm wondering whether we shouldn't change the title for new posters from Windows Movie Maker to:
    Don't ask why it says this under your name
    As one who long ago asked this very question, I have mixed emotions on this. At the time, I did not like it. Later, when I graduated to "Video Editing Junkie" under my avatar, it was a badge of honor. Now I'm just an ordinary "Senior Member" and the title is so non-inspiring. What's next, "Old Fart Filmmaker"?
    Last edited by worddigger; 04-26-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    Now I'm just an ordinary "Senior Member" and the title is so non-inspiring. What's next, "Old Fart Filmmaker"?
    Maybe we should look at this and come up with some good titles. WMM for beginners seems fine, but I agree Senior Member is a little bland. We should be Oscar Winner or Academy Award Winner or something like that.

Blog Entries

Yes, my imagination was rather limited when I came up with those! Please suggest some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Yes, my imagination was rather limited when I came up with those! Please suggest some more!
    Would it be possible to allow Senior Members to have the option to insert their own caption under their avatar via their Control Panel?

Well, Marc has, "Just Some Bloke" but he is the god of the forum.

Some suggestions for forum status after Video Editing Junkie, Academy Award Nominee, Academy Award Winner. Video Guru, Video Editing Expert, Film making Expert, Orson Wells asks me for advice. Hollywood is knocking at my door.

Ok I found it harder than I thought it would be. Any body got any good ideas.

You mean like the top being the Producer or Director and the lowest being the second unit assistant runner etc.

Blog Entries

Personally I like Windows Movie Maker for new posters, if only because of the way some people get so upset by it. It forces them to look at themselves - it's only a form of snobbishness.

And it only lasts for 10 posts which won't take long for anyone who gives as well as takes.
    Tim

Personally, I was astonished, but proud to discovery myself as a 'Senior' member. Now, when posting; I try to take care to explain that I am actually a beginner with a very cheap cam.

I gather the current naming system is based on posts. I might humbly suggest a new category is added. And that elevation through the rankings were based on the number of "Thanks" a member has received.

OTOH. Perhaps 'Senior' means older. In which case, it applies. I have proof. I own many Pink Floyd and Yes albums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast