Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas 9 Pro Quicktime Plugin

Default Vegas 9 Pro Quicktime Plugin

For some reason i can no longer import .mov's into vegas because something magically happened to my quicktime and i get an error message that says
    "It appears that Quicktime was not properly installed on windows" It sounds like the plugin magically disappeared. So i uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled it from the apple site and I still cannot import .mov's. I've read that I have to select a "full" install of quicktime to make it work with vegas, but when I install it, it give me no such option. I've tried to find older versions of QT hoping they would give me an option to do a "full" install but no luck. Can anyone help me with this?

Are you using the lated version, Vegas Pro 9d, they have supposed to have handled the known QT issues with the newer version.

Blog Entries

Midnight's correct. There are some compatibility problems between some versions of QT and some versions of Vegas. I "fixed" by reverting to an earlier quicktime (and then subsequently by updating to latest QT AND Vegas 9.0d.
    Tim

ok I upgraded to vegas pro 9.0d and uninstalled my QT. Then I installed the latest version from Apple and rebooted my computer, still no luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warner15 View Post
    ok I upgraded to vegas pro 9.0d and uninstalled my QT. Then I installed the latest version from Apple and rebooted my computer, still no luck.
    That's a real bummer. In that case I'd hop over to the Sony Creative Software forum and just do a quick check for similar problems (just in case) and if not raise a support ticket with Sony.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    That's a real bummer. In that case I'd hop over to the Sony Creative Software forum and just do a quick check for similar problems (just in case) and if not raise a support ticket with Sony.
    I dont think its Vegas though because I actually completly uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Maybe it has to do with QT, is there a way to spcifically downlaod the QT plugin for sony?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by warner15 View Post
    ...is there a way to spcifically downlaod the QT plugin for sony?
    Time to reissue the question. I'm curious too. I loathe Quicktime, for personal reasons. Some stupid compact cameras capture MJPEG @ Qt though. Is there any known workaround to import w/o actually having Quicktime installed? I know that Vegas 9.0e explicitly says "You need Quicktime installed.." when trying to import .MOV files. But I'm asking if anyone knows some sort of dummy dongle to get around this, saying I use eg. ffdshow for the actual MJPEG decoding..?

Ty in adv~
    Regards~

I actually thought about Qt Alternative aswell, but I figured it would probably not work (given that Vegas is probably looking for actual quicktime libraries/executables) so I didn't even give it a shot. Haven't confirmed that though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast