Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Music Video

Lightbulb Another Music Video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2mnsgjttQ]YouTube - Keefman - Hier in dit Nederland[/ame]

I made another music video for Keefman, the song is in Dutch but it's about lost love. The video was captured with a canon XH A1 & Sgpro 35mm adapter, edited on FCP.

Please share me all your thoughts & critics !
    (or just shoot some questions)

Take care
    R.
    Digital Filmmaker @ Are Animals People

Perfect.

I don't think there was one frame out of place. This is your best yet.

3. Default

The first time we watched this we thought it dull & boring.
    But as we've liked your other videos & Keefman's song's we watched it again & realised it's the song that's weak & dull & your video is in fact very good but is tarnished by association with the song.
    At this moment in time we are bigger fans of your videos than Keefman the band & they need to write better songs for your videos!

Sarah & Allison & Tina
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 04-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Would it have helped if I'd understood the lyrics? I dunno. Doesn't matter. It was a fascinating video which kept me intrigued throughout.
    The only dodgy bit for me was the very long escalator shot where it became obvious to me (because of the length of the shot) that the camera was moving about a bit.

Contrast that to the long shot of the girl running where it appeared rock steady. How did you take that shot, out of interest.

I loved it. The song was definitely secondary to the video, but didn't detract for me.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I'm just agreeing with parts the last three posters' comments.

Firstly, the video is very good.

Like Tim, I thought the escalator shot was a bit too long. I understand that you held it to be able to cut to the music but, in my opinion, it was just a tad long. Like S.A.T. The song was a bit repetitive for me, I found the video better than the music, not being a Dutch speaker I don't have the benefit of understanding the lyrics. Finally, as Midnight says, it's your best video so far.

Thanks for the feedback...

I can understand you guys don't like the song, personally I don't get to choose the song as the client only asks me to make a music video for their song. It's also not my kind of music but still the lyrics carry some poetry ...

The shot on the escalator maybe a bit too long but I thought it was necessary so the viewer could get the message, as on the other side of the escalator others are going up carrying the same box as she does & also the viewer would have time to read the message "fragile/handle with care". + it's a bit dodgy as it was not possible to put up a tripod on the escalator & it was moving all the time, I jumped on the esc. carrying the camera on my shoulder, a steadicam would have been nice

The "running girl shot" was filmed from inside a car, we recorded it several times, the driver had to match his speed with our actress, so we created a travel by car.

I was wondering if someone was going to criticize the lightning in the opening scene, I made a "small" (actually a big one ) mistake placing the neons in the elevator...it took away some continuity.

Also I faked the clouds in the shots with "the falling box", it was a very grey day and I had to use after effects to get the clouds behind the building.

If you have some more questions or critics, just shoot as every comment can make things better in the future...

take care

Blog Entries

Thanks for the additional info. Gotta try that running shot
    Tim

liked it

havent a clue what they are singing about but the lighting and general bleakness fitted the mood/sound of the track.

nice colour work though im not a fan of vignette fx on anything other than straight ahead shots and some of your tracking shots had vignette applied.

perhaps some of the longer shots could have done with more cut aways ? (something im working on myself)

very enjoyable overall

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post

perhaps some of the longer shots could have done with more cut aways ? (something im working on myself)

very enjoyable overall
    Yeah maybe the one on the escalator, but still the songs mood is kinda slow. I even deleted some shots that could have made it in the final edit, sometimes it's hard to make the right choices.

10. Default

Hey R..
    Nice video.. Some of your shots were really nice! Loved the long tunnel shot, I am sucker for symmetry.. Some of the interior shots looked a bit dark on my screen, was that intentional.. I also liked the running shot at the end, how did you keep things so steady?
    Franco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast