Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to cover or crop unwanted object in your video. Pls. Help! :(

Default How to cover or crop unwanted object in your video. Pls. Help! :(

Hi I hope to get help here.

I'm newbie to video editing. I captured my cam session with some video capturing program the cam screen as well the IM chat windows were captured. (my cam screen at the right side, 2 chat windows overlapping at the left side)
    I want to upload the video to some site like Youtube but i want the chat part at the left side of the video to be cropped or covered with some photo before i upload. Preferably to cover with my photo rather than crop. But if that's not possible to have my photo posted continuously as it's a running video then just crop that chat part.

Is this possible to do? How to do this? Ive been trying to figure out for hours now. :( What video editing program can do this? The left side to be covered or cropped is the size of a Yahoo IM chat window and the video runs for like 20 mins. Is this hard to edit? Can you guys here pls. help me how to do this? I'd really appreciate your help! Thanks very much!

I hope to get responses :(

hope to get help asap plss. thanks!

This is very easy to do with the right editing program. It's just a simple picture in Picture effect. Without knowing which editing program you have it's hard to say exactly how to do it. For example if you have Sony Vegas:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flxm2ZxGY0k]YouTube - Picture In Picture Tutorial - Sony Vegas[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    This is very easy to do with the right editing program. It's just a simple picture in Picture effect. Without knowing which editing program you have it's hard to say exactly how to do it. For example if you have Sony Vegas:

YouTube - Picture In Picture Tutorial - Sony Vegas
    Hi! Thanks so much for the response! I was surprised I thought this would be so hard to do that i won't get any responses.

I had downloaded different video editing programs like Video Edit Magic 4.4, MPEG AVI DVD Cutter 1.0, AVS4YOU Software Navigator but I read the Help sections and I didn't find the specific editing i wanted to do with my video.

So is this the Sony Vegas program to download?
    Sony Vegas Video - Download

After I downloaded it I'll experiment with it then let you know if i get the result I wanted ok.

THIS LINK takes you to the latest version of the Vegas software which they have recently brought out.

THIS LINK takes you to the latest version of the Vegas software which they have recently brought out.
    I already downloaded from the earlier link then when the program was installed already and i was about to begin i was asked to upgrade to that and I was thinking ohh maybe i don't need to i just finished installing the program then go all over it again?! lol.
    good to know from you i need to so ok i'm upgrading! i'll play with the program later on. thank again! ttyl

It's not essential but it does have some bug fixes in it that are useful. I'm still using the older version until I've finished the project I'm currently on so you can stick with it if you can't be bothered to go through the downloading and loading again.

It's not essential but it does have some bug fixes in it that are useful. I'm still using the older version until I've finished the project I'm currently on so you can stick with it if you can't be bothered to go through the downloading and loading again.
    alright! good to have read this before i get to upgrade. ty be back later...

Hi again. I just started experimenting took me about 5 mins. to be able to copy what the guy did in the tutorial, like you said it's easy!

It would take a running video to cover the left side i want to cover until the video finished.. a still picture can't cover it the entire time, right? Cos my cover photo was there for like split second only. Or, there's a way to stick my photo there the entire running time of the video?
    Hope you get what i mean. Thanks.

Also, how do you save your finished edited work? I don't see "make movie" feature??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast