Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Selling a feature film

  1. Default Selling a feature film

    I'm wondering how can a videographer who's finished a feature film of 90 minutes can sell the monie?

    Is sending the movvie to the festivals like Cannes the only way of doing it?

    --------

    Also I'm wondering which way a videographer should go to be able to screen his/her movies at the cinemas?

    Is it like mafia and the videographer should be chosen by one of those big hollywood companies?

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't know how you would sell a film or I think you mean get a distribution deal. BUT you can contact your local independent cinema and rent it for a showing. If you take a look at the IOC website you can get more information.

  3. Default

    Thanks Midnite Blue.

    I think I better give an example to explain my question better.

    This film "Paranormal Activity" was made last year. The director simply shot it with a normal camera. After he did the video he could screen the film at the cinemas and the movie sold a lot as we already know.

    My question is that how I can repeat this guy. I make a good movie. but then how I'll be able to screen it and what is the process?

    Do I send the movie to the festivals like Cannes and it's get chosen or possibly bought by film companies?

    Basically how do I do what this guy has done with "Paranormal Activity" ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cumbria, Near the Lake district
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Stick 9 x 10 minute episodes onto Youtube with a stonking great watermark through it. If its as good as you say someone'll buy it.......Maybe!!!!!

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solway View Post
    Stick 9 x 10 minute episodes onto Youtube with a stonking great watermark through it. If its as good as you say someone'll buy it.......Maybe!!!!!


    - Is that really the way some film makers would get into the movie business system?!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    I think it was said tongue in cheek. You'd likely have as much luck buying a lottery ticket.

    What exactly do you want to achieve? Is it fame and fortune, or is it a career in film? Do you have inspiring ideas, burning ambition and a passion for film, or do you just want to get rich?

    Like most things in life, those that 'find' success find it after either plain, old fashioned hard work, an inspiring idea, or an undying determination to succeed. Are you that person?
    Posted via Mobile Device

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I think it was said tongue in cheek. You'd likely have as much luck buying a lottery ticket.

    What exactly do you want to achieve? Is it fame and fortune, or is it a career in film? Do you have inspiring ideas, burning ambition and a passion for film, or do you just want to get rich?

    Like most things in life, those that 'find' success find it after either plain, old fashioned hard work, an inspiring idea, or an undying determination to succeed. Are you that person?
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Thanks Marc, but none of what you said was the answer to my question and answering your questions will move the conversation to a different path.


    My question is "I make a feature film of 90 minitues" , now how can I have it played at the cinemas?

    The example for my question is the film "PARANORMAL CTIVITY"

    How that guy had that film screened across America and Europe ?!


    I think I'll have to get in touch directly with that movie's director though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,526
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    without repeating myself, the answer to your question is: hard work and a good concept. My questions were for you to ask yourself.

    Have you looked into how he achieved the success -you don't have to contact him to know that, just look at the wikipedia page about the film.
    Posted via Mobile Device

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    without repeating myself, the answer to your question is: hard work and a good concept. My questions were for you to ask yourself.

    Have you looked into how he achieved the success -you don't have to contact him to know that, just look at the wikipedia page about the film.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Ok. thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cumbria, Near the Lake district
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Most definately tongue in cheek Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trailer for my feature film
    By RossShep in forum User Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 01:49 AM
  2. "BROKEN" Feature Film VFX Test Clip w/ Breakdown
    By BROKEN2005 in forum User Videos
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
  3. Bottom Third Feature
    By dropscience in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 12:15 PM
  4. New Feature
    By Marc Peters in forum Forum Announcements and News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •