Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling a feature film

1. Default Selling a feature film

I'm wondering how can a videographer who's finished a feature film of 90 minutes can sell the monie?

Is sending the movvie to the festivals like Cannes the only way of doing it?

--------

Also I'm wondering which way a videographer should go to be able to screen his/her movies at the cinemas?

Is it like mafia and the videographer should be chosen by one of those big hollywood companies?

I don't know how you would sell a film or I think you mean get a distribution deal. BUT you can contact your local independent cinema and rent it for a showing. If you take a look at the IOC website you can get more information.

3. Default

Thanks Midnite Blue.

I think I better give an example to explain my question better.

This film "Paranormal Activity" was made last year. The director simply shot it with a normal camera. After he did the video he could screen the film at the cinemas and the movie sold a lot as we already know.

My question is that how I can repeat this guy. I make a good movie. but then how I'll be able to screen it and what is the process?

Do I send the movie to the festivals like Cannes and it's get chosen or possibly bought by film companies?

Basically how do I do what this guy has done with "Paranormal Activity" ?

Stick 9 x 10 minute episodes onto Youtube with a stonking great watermark through it. If its as good as you say someone'll buy it.......Maybe!!!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by solway View Post
    Stick 9 x 10 minute episodes onto Youtube with a stonking great watermark through it. If its as good as you say someone'll buy it.......Maybe!!!!!

- Is that really the way some film makers would get into the movie business system?!

Blog Entries

I think it was said tongue in cheek. You'd likely have as much luck buying a lottery ticket.

What exactly do you want to achieve? Is it fame and fortune, or is it a career in film? Do you have inspiring ideas, burning ambition and a passion for film, or do you just want to get rich?

Like most things in life, those that 'find' success find it after either plain, old fashioned hard work, an inspiring idea, or an undying determination to succeed. Are you that person?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I think it was said tongue in cheek. You'd likely have as much luck buying a lottery ticket.

What exactly do you want to achieve? Is it fame and fortune, or is it a career in film? Do you have inspiring ideas, burning ambition and a passion for film, or do you just want to get rich?

Like most things in life, those that 'find' success find it after either plain, old fashioned hard work, an inspiring idea, or an undying determination to succeed. Are you that person?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Marc, but none of what you said was the answer to my question and answering your questions will move the conversation to a different path.

My question is "I make a feature film of 90 minitues" , now how can I have it played at the cinemas?

The example for my question is the film "PARANORMAL CTIVITY"

How that guy had that film screened across America and Europe ?!

I think I'll have to get in touch directly with that movie's director though.

Blog Entries

without repeating myself, the answer to your question is: hard work and a good concept. My questions were for you to ask yourself.

Have you looked into how he achieved the success -you don't have to contact him to know that, just look at the wikipedia page about the film.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    without repeating myself, the answer to your question is: hard work and a good concept. My questions were for you to ask yourself.

Have you looked into how he achieved the success -you don't have to contact him to know that, just look at the wikipedia page about the film.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Ok. thanks

Most definately tongue in cheek Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast