Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Narrator.

1. Default Narrator.

Hi all,

I am an amateur videographer who combines both my hobbies of video editing and roller coasters to create documentaries, offrides and other general videos which focus around the amusement industry.

I already have a few videos on my account and am working very hard at the moment to complete other projects. At the moment i am a one man band and as a result, this requires me to narrate my own videos. I don't mind this, but I really don't have a natural narrating voice, my yorkshire accent is coarse and this comes clear on my videos, when i do try speaking clearly, I just sound slow and disjointed with my wording and thats worse.

So, I am here to ask if anyone who has a natural narrating voice, if they would be willing to help me out and provide voiceovers for some of my upcoming projects. I would simply email you the script, you record it and pass it on to me and I can use it in my videos. I will of course always credit the narrator either at the beginning or the end of the video and include any links/websites you wish to be advertised.

Thankyou most kindly for your help.

Here is the link to my Youtube account, please feel free to watch the videos, you will see what I am talking about with my voice

www.youtube.com/holdontightmediaGB

And here is my website, currently undergoing work and improvement, it also includes my videos.

www.holdontightmedia.co.uk

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Okay, that sounds like fun.

I've sent you a PM with my details. In the past, before moving into production, my missus did voice-overs for a living, so it can't be that difficult (he ducks as our resident rock follies bristle in anger).

Blog Entries

I took a look at your posted video and it definatly showed you were trying to "speak all clear like". However, I reckon a gruff yorkshire accent would fit the bill perfectly. Mr Guru does have a rather good VO, and you'd do well take him up on the kind offer, but I do reckon your own voice is perfectly suited.

Blog Entries

Is it you that thinks your voice isn't suitable, or have you been told? I ask because I shied away from doing my own v/os until I had to do one and was told (before I'd even mentioned anything about v/os) that my voice put the commentary over perfectly. Fact is, one generally hates the sound of one's own voice, but often it's the best voice to to put across your own script.

My own voice sounds (at least to me) like I've got a permanent cold, and it sounds rather dry and flat, yet I was told it was clear and very expressive.

This little episode has given me the confidence always to do my own v/os unless I want a particular type of voice (my "character voices" don't work so well).

As Marc says, there is some evidence of you trying to talk very clearly. I'd like to hear you reading the script (written by you, I presume) more naturally. And like Mark, I think your voice (perhaps not so "forced") is a perfect accompaniment for your vids.
    Tim

5. Default

A bit of both really Tim. People have commented on some of my earlier work which I did on another website and this obviously got me paranoid about how I sounded. I know you say to speak in my natural accent but I fear that alot of viewers then wouldn't understand what I'm saying. I also feel that my own voice sounds amateur. Since I am striving to give my videos a professional look, I think a professional sound is one step to achieving that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by holdontightmedia View Post
    A bit of both really Tim. People have commented on some of my earlier work which I did on another website and this obviously got me paranoid about how I sounded.
    That's fair enough then. SO long as you weren't relying soley on your own judgement.
    Good luck with Gaffer's v/o.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Well, I've heard nothing. Even a "Thanks but no thanks" would have been something.

8. Default

My utmost apologies, I am indeed keen to take you up on the offer, just been working alot lately and wanted to finalise the next script before contacting you. I am working on a small documentary revolving around the seaside town of Blackpool and should have the script finished shortly. But yes Mr Gaffer, thankyou most kindly, I would appreciate your voice over talents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Blog Entries

How embarrassing, I hope I didn't offend you. I sometimes forget that not everybody goes online daily.

If you PM (Personal Message) your e-mail address to me, I'll send something off to you this week.

I liked the dialect and the friendly sounding voice over.
    But, there seems to be something odd about either the recording or the audio conversion.

The letters like f,s,p,d and th sound distorted and unnatural. Perhaps a substandard mic was used; or unsuitably positioned?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast