Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ash cloud

Blog Entries

Default The ash cloud

Anyone been affected by "The Ash"? My other halve is stuck in Egypt. She was only supposed to be there overnight, but been 4 days and counting now...

Blog Entries

My eldest daugter, ex-wife, sister, and nephew (yeah, I know, it's all very modern and pally) are stuck in Lanzarote. Were meant to fly back on Thursday, spent the day at the airport, but went back to resort where they've been enjoying themselves but running up debts ever since.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Anyone been affected by "The Ash"? My other halve is stuck in Egypt. She was only supposed to be there overnight, but been 4 days and counting now...
    I have two TDY Washington personnel stranded in Frankfurt, Germany. They were due to arrive in Kuwait on Friday evening.

Looks like we've all been affected with friends and family, What happens if it goes on for another week and perishable cargo can't be imported. My daughter would be devastated if she can't have a banana.

The economic implications at this already difficult time is just terrible for some industries not just airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Looks like we've all been affected with friends and family, What happens if it goes on for another week and perishable cargo can't be imported. My daughter would be devastated if she can't have a banana.

The economic implications at this already difficult time is just terrible for some industries not just airlines.
    You are absolutely correct. This will also affect the APO (Military Mail) service for thousands of U.S. Troops deployed overseas. APO AE mail goes between New York and Germany as the primary mail hubs for this region. Lots of guys and gals will not be getting letters and packages from home for a while.

We were due to fly out to Florida Saturday just gone but the flight was obviously cancelled. We have rescheduled for a week from now but I don't hold much hope. My 4 year old daughter is devastated. She had been looking forward to going to Disneyworld for such a long time. I only hope we don't also lose out on the cost. We could potentaially be losing about 4K.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    My other halve is stuck in Egypt. She was only supposed to be there overnight, but been 4 days and counting now...
    So, you'll be getting the strop DVDs and the Kleenex out then.

I've just had two days' work cancelled because the presenter is stuck in Norway. A bit of a bugger but nothing really tragic. Worse things happen at sea, as they say.

Blog Entries

I'm a man of easy distraction, so it's been a great way of finding time not to study for the exam i have in 30 mins. That's the ash cloud, not the jazz hands.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Blog Entries

OK. First direct conequence for me - hardly as significant as Marc's, but important to me.

Dilemma time.

Tomorrow night I was meant to be travelling to another club where a very well respected filmmaker in amateur circles is giving a talk/seminar about judging amateurs movies. Many of you know I rather enjoy serious discussion about movies posted hear and I'm very keen to go. The guy is travelling down from Newcastle to Reading so it's not something which can be easily repeated.

I've just learned that my ex-wife, daughter (20), sister and neice (20) (I got it wrong when I said nephew earlier) are being shipped via plane from the Canaries to Bordeaux, train to ST Malo, then ferry to Portsmouth where they "wondered" if I could pick them up - some time tomorrow late afternoon/evening.

Now, my car isn't going too well at the moment. Is it too cruel of me to use that as an excuse?
    Tim

Blog Entries

You should really pick them up. After all that travelling, they'll really appreciate it. Get someone to film it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast