Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music will not import

Default Music will not import

I've been using Sony Vegas Pro 9 for a while now and this problem just happened to me today. Whenever I try put this one song in my work area it displays a circle with slash through it when I drag it down. I've also tried importing it and it gives me an error saying that it can't be imported. The song works fine in Sony Vegas Movie Studio so I don't know what to do.

You are correct.

I can not see any logical reason why you can't import into VP9d, but you can in VMS. It just wouldn't make sense for the more advanced s/w not to be able to do that which is possible by its less feature-rich counterpart.

Having said all that, if you had VP9c, and recently updated, were you able to import the audio then? If you could, then you may well have stumbled on a bug.

In any case, we'd need to know the nature of the audio. Put it through G-Spot and report back here - yeah?

So, you will need to confirm:-

1] If you had VP9c were you able to import the file?

2] What does G-Spot say about this Audio file?
    Last edited by Grazie; 04-17-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Hah! - You don't say what iteration of VP9 you are using. My mistake. So, what version of VP9 are you using? VP9 or a or b or c or now "d"?

Need to know this. It is very relevant?

I have VP9c. I had to check just to make sure. I haven't updated yet and I still have VP9 even though I also have movie studio.

Now say what format is the audio file? Use G-Spot and drag the Audio file onto it and read off or take a screen grab of the results and post here. G-Spot is free!

Path: F:\Music\After School\AfterSchool-Bang\02 ?(Bang)!.mp3
    Size: 7.62 MB (7,805 KB / 7,992,696 bytes)
    Container: MPEG Elementary Audio<< {1 aud}

Codec: MPEG-1 Layer 3
    Info: 44100Hz 320 kb/s tot , Joint Stereo
    Stat: Codec(s) installed

Other than that nothing else is filled it.

This is just a get around, not a solution to your problem. Just convert the mp3 to a wave file and it will import into Vegas fine. As to why it won't go into Vegas I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMoonStar View Post
    Path: F:\Music\After School\AfterSchool-Bang\02 ?(Bang)!.mp3
    Eh? Only an observation here . . but how did you get the ? and ! and ( and ) into the file name? - Can you try Copying the file

02 ?(Bang)!.mp3

and renaming to something like

TestMP3.mp3

and try and import it, see if that works? Only a suggestion here . . . 'cos I tell you why I just did an experiment whereby I :-

1] Rendered an MP3 from within Vegas

2] Imported this NEW MP3 back into Vegas - it imported. So Vegas imports MP3.

3] NB: Copied the openning MP3 and attempted to rename the same MP3 with the SUFFIXES you have in the name of your MP3 - MS wouldn't let me do it.

So, I can render an MP3 from within Vegas; I can open that MP3 back into Vegas; I can make a copy of that MP3 but I can not rename it those SUFFIXES you have.

Back to you . . .

I was wondering about the ? & ! as well.

It's a Korean song by the K-Pop group After School. The question mark is the Korean letter in the actual mp3. I've also be doing what you suggested. It works just fine. I just don't know why it does that some times.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast