Thread: Flickery/dashed Video Problem

Default Flickery/dashed Video Problem

Hi,

I've just imported video from my AVCHD camera. But when imported, the video clips gets a flicker which not is in the camera.

The weird thing is that when I preview the video file in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 (or imovie), the flicker doesn't shows. But then wen I put the video in the project and export the video, the video get's "flickery" again! But not i imovie for some reason, just Premiere Pro...

What do I do?
    Thanks in advance!

Oh, and i've attached a print screen on a part of a clip, you can there see that the persons are dashed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

When you say export it, do you mean play it on the monitor with something like Media Player because all you are seeing is the interlace of the video frame, what you need to do is find a program that you can set to de-interlace ( I use the free version of Zoom Player) and the problem will go away, it's not that there is anything wrong with the video it's just that an interlaced video only plays well on a TV, unless you de-interlace it and turn it into progressive scan.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    When you say export it, do you mean play it on the monitor with something like Media Player because all you are seeing is the interlace of the video frame, what you need to do is find a program that you can set to de-interlace ( I use the free version of Zoom Player) and the problem will go away, it's not that there is anything wrong with the video it's just that an interlaced video only plays well on a TV, unless you de-interlace it and turn it into progressive scan.

Bryan
    Yes, exactly. When I play the movie in my media player (I have mac so I mostly use QuickTime Player or VLC) the flicker appears but also in Premier Pro.

So, I have looked up how to de-interlace a video, but I just find how to do it in After Effects. Is there an easier way to do it. Can you do it directly in Premiere Pro?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You would only want to de-interlace for viewing on a monitor or for export to Vimeo or You-tube otherwise stick with interlaced.

You could make you movies progressive scan something like 1280x720P or in Premiere you can select "field options" by right clicking on the video on the time line and selecting "always deinterlace", the thing about de-interlace is you are lowing the resolution of the video by only viewing one field doubled up, it effectively makes your video progressive scan but lowers the vertical resolution.

Bryan