Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A funky take on the edit only...

Blog Entries

Default A funky take on the edit only...

Edit only wedding videos aren't a radical new idea, but this promo is a brilliant take on the idea. I'm impressed!

Interesting - but I'm not sure I could watch all that shaky footage

Even with insurance, would you trust drunken party goers with your camera.

Had a look at some of the other edits and basically he takes very short cuts and adds music over the top, so an easy way out I would say, not anything like the real thing (can I say that it's not copyright is it?)

Something I have had to do in the past to save a wedding, as most of the shots are naff with the odd second or two that's good.

Good luck to them...

Blog Entries

.... but it relies on people a) remembering to film - b) filming the good bits, and c) filming reasonably properly.

I've been asked a couple of times to edit footage like this, though one of them was supposed to be a professional company.
    The bride's Mother was in tears asking if I could retrieve anything at all. 2 hours was reduced to 15 minutes and that was absolute agony to edit.
    I still have nightmares about it arghh!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

yeah a great premise but I can't see it really working in reality. A good proportion of people just have no idea how to hold and use a camera properly, I would never want to rely on that sort of footage to make a wedding DVD for someone.

Also in this promo, I don't think they're being particularly fair to 'traditional' wedding videographers with those clips they present. But obviously I understand what message they are trying to get across.

Blog Entries

Good points from the lads but, as I see it, the company is in a win-win scenario. If the footage turns out to be rubbish (which it almost certainly will be) the company just claim that the camera "operators" didn't do what they'd been taught. If the video is good, then the company takes all the credit.

A bit of a "con" and unfair to the guys who spend years getting to the top of their game.

Blog Entries

I was referring to the quality of the promo rather than the concept. I was impressed by the video, which raised a smile from me.

As for the concept, well as i've said before, i do this a lot for mates, and have done 5 or 6 weddings for a fee. Each time it was because they had given up trying to edit themselves. They realise afterwards that they should have paid someone from the start!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    I was referring to the quality of the promo rather than the concept. I was impressed by the video, which raised a smile from me.

As for the concept, well as i've said before, i do this a lot for mates, and have done 5 or 6 weddings for a fee. Each time it was because they had given up trying to edit themselves. They realise afterwards that they should have paid someone from the start!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Isn't hind sight wonderful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast