Thread: Entry Level Professional Camcorder

Default Entry Level Professional Camcorder

Hello Everyone,
    I have gone through a few other posts regarding entry level professional cameras but the general opinion seems to be that recommendations vary depending on what a person would like to use it for, well here goes...
    I sell various products online from clothing to jewellery, books. I also record 'how to' clothing styling guides all with my basic sony hdd recorder with my store background and uncleear sound.
    I am now revamping my whole site and want to produce a professional video for each one of my 3000 products. I would like to do the green screen effect and have clear focus on products when providing video reviews. Basically I would like the camcorder for professional product reviews and 'how to' guides. In the future i might do some outdoor product videos at the most, nothing more and nothing less.
    I have a budget of about 1000 but I dont mind stretching it about another 200-300 if it gets me something better.
    I have no idea what I'm getting myself into so all advice will be appreciated.
    BTW I use adobe premiere 4 for editing and am an amateur at that too! lol

I can't tell you which camera to get but I would advise you to think about the sound. I would look at spending 400 or 500 on the sound equipment and the rest on the camera. This will instantly improve the quality of your videos and make them seem more professional. You already have a tripod ?

Hope this helps.

Thanks Midnight Blue. I was not aware of the sound part. What do you suggest I purchase for sound?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Well I'm not an expert on sound, in fact I'm not an expert on anything really but READ THIS THREAD to give you an idea of the kind of thing not to get and the kind of think to get.

Remember you have to plug the mic into the camera so if you go for a mic with an XLR plug you will need an XLR socket in the camera or an adaptor from XLR to jack plug or mini jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well I'm not an expert on sound, in fact I'm not an expert on anything really but READ THIS THREAD to give you an idea of the kind of thing not to get and the kind of think to get.

Remember you have to plug the mic into the camera so if you go for a mic with an XLR plug you will need an XLR socket in the camera or an adaptor from XLR to jack plug or mini jack.
    Thanks for that. I'll keep that in mind. Any threads on entry level professional cameras similar to the one on sound?
    Many Thanks
    Zoi
    Posted via Mobile Device