Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone needed to help create Animated Video

1. Default Someone needed to help create Animated Video

Hello, I am looking find someone to help create a video for a new UK hip hop album ft many big names within the industry. The album the video will be promoting will be available in HMV, I-tunes, Tesco ect.- Thus will be a great way to get your name out there.

If any one is interested please email dillnbill@yahoo.com

Thanks for your time.

Blog Entries

What's your budget? Some idea will give an indication of what standard is required.
    Tim

3. Default

this is the thing, i havnt got a budget as as a result of the high cost of making the album, mixing,mastering and pressing of the cd, so im looking for someone to do this for free as experince and a way to get their name out there as this cd has got some very BIG artists on it!

some one hoook me up

Blog Entries

Puttiing aside my objection for asking people to work for free (what other aspects of this project have been provided for free?). What's the final product you're looking to have produced, and what do you see as the input required? You need to provide a hell of a lot more information, particularly as you're looking to get something for free.

5. Default

easy man, if your interested in getting involved hit up my email and hook you up all the details. cheers for your time its much appreciated.
    like i say the project has got a lot of big artsists on it and the album will be available in HMV, I-Tunes ect so in terms of exposure it will be a great look for whoever does it and in turn im sure a lot of people will be coming there way looking to pay for their work.
    (and the job requires making an animated video for the lead single, maybe cartoon style/clay models/whatever, im just really looking to get something a bit different from the usual stereotypical 'rap' video!)

any one with ideas PLEASE hit me up, your time is much appreciated.

peace

Blog Entries

What artists?

Where's your website so that we can see who you are, what you've done, what your track record is?

You want mugs to work for nothing, give you ideas for nothing and make you money, whilst getting... nothing.

7. Default

in an industry which is so hard to get into, there are PLENTLY of people that are looking for experince for their CV. its people like you that never get anywhere as a result wanting to charge people when you have no experince.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHop101 View Post
    in an industry which is so hard to get into, there are PLENTLY of people that are looking for experince for their CV. its people like you that never get anywhere as a result wanting to charge people when you have no experince.
    Not wanting to get involved in any argument with you. I see what you are after. Firstly, you need to be sure of your facts saying things like this to one of the most experienced professional camera/lighting men on the forum. It's not very respectful.

Secondly, we have been asking for more information about the artist so we can judge whether we would want to work with them, for nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HipHop101 View Post
    (and the job requires making an animated video for the lead single, maybe cartoon style/clay models/whatever, im just really looking to get something a bit different from the usual stereotypical 'rap' video!)
    I suggest that you do a little bit of research. Why don't you take a look at exactly what's involved in creating original animation. For a start, look at this webiste: Animation - Skillset. And specifically, look at the huge amount of work required: Putting it Together - how animation gets made - Skillset. Once you get a feel for the huge amount of time, effort and skill involved, ask yourself the question, why would someone do all of this for free?

Now let's take a look at the kind of jobs a graduate could do, and get paid. A good example is: reed.co.uk - Job Details: ANIMATOR / 3D ANIMATOR / COMPUTER GAMES - CAMBRIDGE in Cambridge. So now you can appreciate that there's a) a huge amount of skill and time required and b) for those with talent, there a market.

The "industry" as you put is a term frequently banded around. Those that succeed in the industry have talent, ambition and mostly, arrogance. You do not need to work for. Yes, you'll take some shitty jobs. Yes, you may start at the bottom. But working for free isn't really how people get started, develop and make it big.

Let's face it, you messed up your budget. You've run out of money and are looking to get something for free. Why would someone want to be associated with a project that looks like it's not being managed?

10. Default

Jesus christ, you lot are so fucking pretentious, its nothing to do with me "blowing my budget", iv done this album all independently- all the artists involved have done it for free for the love of the music and i never had a budget to start with, im not looking to make money out of this- im simply trying to put out good music.

Really cant be fucked to hear any more of your lots pretentious rants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast