Thread: Cs5?

Default Cs5?

Just watched the promo launch for CS5.

Have to play devils advocate here but it really does seem that the biggest changes are the Mercury playback engine for Premiere and the fact that teh s/w suite is now natively 64bit.

Lot sof other new stuff but these two are the one thrown at us with the most energy.

It looks like almost 300UKP to upgrade from PremiereCS4. That, and Alan's post and Adobe's version comparison are holding me back from pre-ordering the upgrade (to be released in mid May).

Blog Entries

As I said elsewhere, the only reason I upgraded to CS4 was for AVCHD compatability. Seeing as that was less than successful for my laptop, I think I'll skip a version!

Take a look first at System requirements, GPU required fx 4800,5800, not a very low price :P
    QUAD CPU,
    minimum 8 gb of RAM for premiere,
    Last edited by Borgia; 04-22-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgia View Post
    Take a look first at System requirements, GPU required fx 4800,5800, not a very low price :P
    QUAD CPU,
    minimum 8 gb of RAM for premiere,
    I think you'll find that those graphics cards are only needed to get the very best from teh mercury playback engine. For normal se a normal graphics cards should be quite ok.

Adobe says 'Supported graphics cards for GPU Accelleration:'

I think that would imply the feature will only work with those cards.
    If that's the case.. and playback for users of a cheap GPU is just as crappy as it is in CS4, then this Mecury Playback is a total con. I mean c'mon, how many video editors out there have a Quadro sitting in their desktop, I doubt there are even many gamers with one.

I'll hold out and see for now, but if Adobe don't streamline the performance of Premiere pretty sharpish, I'm moving to Final Cut