Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One other Question Please ?

1. Default One other Question Please ?

My Sony Vegas 9.0 Platinum Pro Pack is headed to a large sturdy metal receptacle (Or maybe back to the company with a note attached) BUT I am curious
    There is a program on there called DVD ARCHITECT. What is it and what was it supposed to do? Mine does not do anything, but I was curious as to what it was supposed to do. Does anyone have a version that works and then for what is it used ?
    Sony Vegas Platinum Pro 9.0 was a program that never worked and never delivered what it claimed, and I am searching for something else to use and move on.
    Just wondered what else it claimed that it never did ?
    THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by reygato View Post
    There is a program on there called DVD ARCHITECT. What is it and what was it supposed to do? Mine does not do anything, but I was curious as to what it was supposed to do. Does anyone have a version that works and then for what is it used ?
    It will produce DVD complaint Projects ready for burning directly to DVD. I've been successfully using DVDA for as long as it has been out there. My last DVD was duped by a London-Wide Association and ran out a DVD many thousand run of my work. And this was all created through VegasPro8 and DVDA.

Sony Vegas Platinum Pro 9.0 was a program that never worked and never delivered what it claimed, . . Just wondered what else it claimed that it never did ?
    What didn't work for you?

I've been earning a living from VegasVideo since version 3. I'm now on VegasPro9 and have no reason to move to another NLE.

Although Sony DON'T specify this, but it makes a truly lousy cup of coffee, and just DON'T get me started on the way it goes about making Chicken Marengo!!!

3. Default

WOW What has it not done? Besides the aforementioned DVD Architect fiasco, which does NOTHING at all on my program, The actually software appears to be full of bugs and problems.
    Our last project was a series of clips (taken on a sony camera) of our vacation that we wanted to string together and add titles, music etc. When we got this all set up in the editing box And then burned a dvd , we got 44 minutes and 35 seconds of black screen followed by the last 25 seconds of normal video and sound. Now again, these clips were ALL taken with the same camera and loaded off the same mini-dvd into the computer. I can watch these clips on the computer, and I even made the same video successfully with simple movie maker. (I had to redo all the work with simple movie maker but at least it worked)
    I had been told that sony vegas can help sharpen/soften images, but again, it does not. I was told that we can add soundtracks, but clearly, it does not. Titles, look better on simple movie maker (when they work on Vegas at all)
    As for all the special effects boxes? Those never appear on the final program, although they appear on the editing bar, when the program is finalized the effects are non-existant. Also, a video made with Sony Vegas can only be watched ON the Sony Vegas program. I need something I can put on a DVD and show to others. Something that shows the work I did, not 44 minutes and 35 seconds of Nothing.
    The DVD program does nothing. Think of a picture that you put up of wallpaper on the computer. You can click on it, move the mouse around it, etc but it is still just a picture. That is my DVD architect program. It is a screen with keys buttons tabs, etc, But they do nothing. They don't respond.

I have had other people say that they have had great success with Sony Vegas. I have had just great frustration.
    Some suggested that the learning curve is difficult, well, I guess my masters degree counts me out LOL I think that if it were to work, I would have figured it out by now. I am a college grad, maybe not as tech savvy as some, but no reason that I cannot follow the tutorials (which don't seem to work the same as my program)
    I am seriously considering sending this to Sony (there is an address on the box) I know that they are not going to make good on anything (they have yet to do so), but it may be more pleasurable than dumping it in the garbage when I get the new computer and the new program. as for sony products, the new TV and the new digital camera we bought last month are NOT Sony due to the Vegas Fiasco, and the new editing software will not be, either.
    Thanks for listening to me.

Here is my Workflow:

1] Edit footage in Vegas and render to MPEG and AC-3

2] Import MPEG and AC-3 into DVDA and prepare my DVD with accompanying Menus.

Are you saying you edit footage in DVDA? Is that what you are saying?

Sounds to me as if you've got a bad installation. Nothing should be greyed out. Even the trial of the programme doesn't do that. Remove everything, then try a clean installation. You can find details here: (Depending on your OS)

Clean Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions for Windows Vista Users (64 Bit Editions)

Clean Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions for Windows XP and Vista Users (32 Bit Editions)
    Last edited by Archie; 04-11-2010 at 04:35 PM.

6. Default

no no I do NOTHING in DVDA
    I uploaded and edited in sony vegas, but then I tried to burn a DVD and had to save and send the file to the computer, burn it using a program called MY DVD
    I did the same video in Simple Moviemaker and it worked better in simple moviemaker, which has no fancy or extra editing features...it is a bare bones program
    DVDA Does nothing.

I have deleted and reinstalled, and also tried it on a different computer. Nothing works, plain and simple. Looks like Sony shafted me on this one.

Blog Entries

I have deleted and reinstalled, and also tried it on a different computer. Nothing works, plain and simple. Looks like Sony shafted me on this one.
    Whilst I understand your frustration, I find it highly unlikley that Sony singled you out as the person to shaft.
    Clearly there is something that is different or unusual about your setup on both computers as hundreds of thousands of people have no problem at all using the product.
    Either that or you do not understand how to use it and need to spend some time learning the product. Many of the things you have said suggest this may be the case.

"had to save and send the file to the computer"
    "we got this all set up in the editing box And then burned a dvd"
    " I was told that we can add soundtracks, but clearly, it does not."
    "As for all the special effects boxes? Those never appear on the final program, although they appear on the editing bar, when the program is finalized the effects are non-existant."

I accept that some of this may down to your lack of English, but they also show a distinct lack of understanding about the processes needed to edit video and author a DVD.

And having a masters degree doesn't mean you are automatically capable of doing everything or even understanding everything. Don't beat yourself up over it.

You say Sony hasn't responded. How did you ask themn for help. The sure-fire way is by raising a support ticket on Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing. Is that what you did?
    Tim

8. Default

well Tim Thanks

Here, I did not mean to sound like Sony was singling me out, just that their handling of the situation so far has not been to my satisfaction.
    As far as the Process, using Sony Vegas for example, I used the tutorial for the editor, followed that example. Not able to get the final steps to work, though, no finished product to show you BUT the effects and the editing look cool on the program.
    As for the DVD architect, nothing works, not even the tutorials or demo, so I am not sure as to what that does or is supposed to do. Sony will not replace it, but clearly something is wrong with the CD Disk itself. When I say nothing works, I mean put it in the drive, download it, turn it on, nothing happens. The main screen opens, and freezes up, locks up, ddoes not respond, each time every time. Sony has been unable to offer a solution to this, other than to reinstall, download updates patches etc ,
    So if the DVD architect is not working, then what else may be wrong? Why can't I get the video clips onto a DVD after I edit them in Sony Vegas? What I did was edit the clips, render it as an MPG and save it to the computer. I then opened the rendered MPG in Simple Movie Maker, fixed all the titles, credits etc there, and burned the DVD from Simple Movie Maker. Had I wished to stick with the limits of Simple Movie Maker, I would not have requested the $100 to be spent on Sony Vegas. It seems that Sony Vegas really does nothing more than Simple MovieMaker. It is Supposed to, but it does not. After all was said and done, very few of the clips I spent hours and hours rendering on Sony Vegas are usable. Of the DVDs I have made of my videos, well, those were all done with Simple Moviemaker, a no frills program.
    So much for "upgrading" eh ?

OK, so a clean re-install hasn't worked. How are you importing your video file (created in Vegas) into DVDA? Can you post a screen grab of the 'dead' DVDA screen?

10. Default

I will see if I can post the dead screen

There are two ways to get the clips, once edited into DVDA One way is from the editing screen, "Send to DVD Architect" When I do that, the dead screen opens up.
    The other way, I am told, is to open DVDA and import /open a file. Sine the open/import tabs do not function, this cannot be done either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast