Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Life Promo Video

Default This Life Promo Video

It's been awhile since I've been here...by the way, the site is looking great

This is a promotional video for a series we're doing at my church and i'm just looking for some feedback, ie. timings, transitions, etc. The series is titled "This Life".

Windows Media File attached.

Blog Entries

Looking good Love the titles!

Very sweet. Your timings & transitions look well balanced to me. During the guy running/cars speeding past/girl with pen, I would've added some explanatory lettering of some kind, gently animated onscreen. But I have a fetish about animated titling - your vid is fine as is. A nice opener.

Very good is that the some of the digitaljuice stock footage? Now on the song track at the end try to see if you can do a fade out instead of the hard end that you have. Other than that it is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by tone33
    During the guy running/cars speeding past/girl with pen, I would've added some explanatory lettering of some kind, gently animated onscreen.
    Good idea, I'll play around with some gently animated titleing ...

Quote Originally Posted by mocharock
    Very good is that the some of the digitaljuice stock footage? Now on the song track at the end try to see if you can do a fade out instead of the hard end that you have.
    Yeah that's some digitalJuice footage from the Presenters Toolkit and the background is a JumpBack. As far as the song goes...I tried a fade, but the problem is that it is from the middle of the song and there's not a smooth transition to the next verse...but you're right I need to take some of the harshness off the end.

Thanks for the feedback!

I would start the fade right where the girl is one the swing and actually what you could do is take that same few seconds of the song and repeat it (basically at the 29 second mark to 34 seconds. ) extend out the "This Life" image then display a black image with e g logo.

Not a bad idea mocharock...I messed around with some of the music clip but never thought of repeating some of the final beats...I'll work on it.

Very, very nice indeed. I love the look and feel and the message is powerful. Is this going to be the finished product or are you adding more to it? Just curious.

I think this is something that our staff at church are working towards for me to do soon. I am looking forward to the challenge and hope I can live up to their expectations but they keep bringing me sample videos of what other church production groups have done and say we would love to do something like that. What I have viewed so far from them is awesome. AHHHHH!!!!!

Wishing you well

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Scooter....well this was really going to be the gist of it...it's intended to be just a little teaser for the website and during service to get people's attention. I'll probably play around with some of the ideas given here.

I know exactly what you mean when they bring you other vids and say, "This is great....I want you to make this.....oh yeah, but better"

Basically I work with one other guy and we brainstorm an idea he does most of the graphics and I make the video. We just bought the Presenter's Toolkit and it has loads of stock footage and images and music clips and whatnot...makes life much easier for me.

If you have any ideas you wanna bounce off of me feel free to send em my way.

Thanks for the comments.

Will do and thanks.

I am just waiting for the Sr. Pastor or Music Director to walk in the door and say I have an idea sometime soon. I know it is coming I can feel it.
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast