Thread: BMX Video

Default BMX Video

All my camera's used to shoot my little brothers friend illegally jump off a wall over a hand rail almost hitting a wall and handicapped man across from a brewery.... yeah.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxjAS26UH2U]YouTube - Sully's Gap - Tony Smith (1080p)[/ame]
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

Here's his other friend eating asphalt:

3. Default

Dude needs a helmet...I'll be looking for the vid where his brains spill out of his head...

Quote Originally Posted by codda View Post
    Dude needs a helmet...I'll be looking for the vid where his brains spill out of his head...
    I'll be sure that catch it on film too

I can see why there is a market for people making these sorts of vids, but generally when I see them they offer...well....more. Certainly more interesting things to keep my attention (as a person who is not ordinarily interested in bmx videos).

Also, it seemed every time I was drawn to what was happening, I wanted to see a little bit more of each jump but you cut away or repeated the jump from another angle, it kind of got frustrating.

All that said about the content, it was shot quite nicely, some nice framing and clearly a nice camera you've got there. I'm just not a fan of the content or editing.

Sorry for sounding so negative I don't mean to be.

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post
    I can see why there is a market for people making these sorts of vids, but generally when I see them they offer...well....more. Certainly more interesting things to keep my attention (as a person who is not ordinarily interested in bmx videos).

Also, it seemed every time I was drawn to what was happening, I wanted to see a little bit more of each jump but you cut away or repeated the jump from another angle, it kind of got frustrating.

All that said about the content, it was shot quite nicely, some nice framing and clearly a nice camera you've got there. I'm just not a fan of the content or editing.

Sorry for sounding so negative I don't mean to be.
    Naw man I hear ya the quick cuts can get frustrating, that's why I repeated them in slow motion the full shot. I couldn't choose which angle was better and I did not want to just do a double run from 2 angles one after the other. This was my first BMX edit so should improve from here on out. I actually thought the shooting itself was horible and unsteady. Solar glare and a few bad angles. I used a 720p Canon SD980 and a Panasonic 1080p HDC-SD9 oh and a Samsung A503 for 1 extra angle (the horrible quality one)