Thread: Media Generator length won't change in VMS9

Default Media Generator length won't change in VMS9

I am trying to change the length of a media generator event in Movie Studio 9.

I can change the default length 00:00:10:00 to 00:00:25:0, then I change the ' 'Preset:' name and click the save icon and close.

However I then proceed, the length goes back to 10 seconds.

I can't see a way to remove one of my saved MGs either.

Hi Peter, I've just tried it and found the same, the time goes back to the default 10 seconds in the newly saved media. This would mean you are only saving the media not the even duration. When you re open it you can alter it to what ever time you want.

To delete the media open it up and next to the save icon is the red X delete icon.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Gen Med takes its default length from the length of the still images (Options | Preferences - Editing Tab - New Still Image Length.

I always make a selection on the timeline of the length I want first. Then the length = the length of the selection. Different strokes...

Thanks to Mid Blue and Tim for your answers. I have now managed to achieve what I want without saving as a preset.

Using this software seems to be more of an art than a science. I have spent hours with it without feeling confident.

I also gave up with DVDA , which kept telling me any sized of project was >4G7, so I generated an avi file and used Free DVD Creator. Really inconvenient the first time I saw it - I went and bought dual DVD blanks, had problems with those, then discovered that the project length was irrelevant (until it really does get >4G7 of course).

What is >4G7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What is >4G7 ?
    I'm guessing too, but maybe:

Larger ( > ) than 4.7gb

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    I'm guessing too, but maybe:

Larger ( > ) than 4.7gb
    That's right - DVDA kept telling me that a standard DVD was too small. The first time it thought it might be right, but it says the same even on tiny projects.

The notation - 680R (680) 1K8, 2M2, 4G7 is commonly used for electronic drawings - usually for resistors - to avoid the decimal point being blotted out by a coffee stain!

Thanks for the explanation guys.