Thread: How to add Security to DVD?

Default How to add Security to DVD?

I'm creating a training DVD series. Although I agree that every anti-piracy software can be overcome, I'd still like to cover the basics. How can I add security a DVD I produce? Is this something that only duplication shops can do? Is there an affordable way to do this for home burned DVD's? I appreciate any guidance the forum can offer.

Blog Entries

Most (if not all) DVD authoring software will allow you to encrypt discs. The way you do it depends on the software, but it's usuallly an option at the burn or create image stage of the process. I've seen other suggestions such as creating a tiny scratch on the disc, but as you say, they are all ultimately overcome.

Thanks for the reply. With that in mind, does Sony DVD Architect have encryption as an option?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by claycope View Post
    Thanks for the reply. With that in mind, does Sony DVD Architect have encryption as an option?
    I believe there is a flag you can set which works if you're sending it off to a commercial duplicator.

I don't think you can make "home burnt" DVDs copy protected, but I'd be rather pleased to be proved wrong.
    Tim

I know that in DVD Architect you can do it by going under File>Properties then click on COPY PROTECTION.
    I'm pretty sure you have to do it when your making the DVD and it can't be copy protected after. If your getting a disc(CD/DVD) replicated or duplicated, there buring the ISO./DISCO DATA, theres no messing with files, unless there making your master.

Just to clarify, I'm have Sony DVD Architect Studio 4.5 which came with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 9.0. I can't find any copy protection or reference to copy protection with this version.
    I just looked up the Sony DVD Architect Pro which states, "Set CSS and Macrovision® copy-protection flags for masters." So, it looks like on the architect pro offers any type of copy protection. Interesting and glad you brought that to my attention.