Thread: Shooting the road from inside a car while driving; best way to mount camera?

Default Shooting the road from inside a car while driving; best way to mount camera?

Hello

I am working for a car manufacturer, and we are about to launch a new sportier model. I live in Stockholm, and we have a road 20 km south of the city that is used for "recreational driving". I would like to mount a camera inside the car, prefereably so that you see the driver from behind, but focusing on the road in front.

Please give me your ideas on how to best mount the camera, or if you can propose a "cheap" stabiling solution that we could invest in (no more than $500).

Much appreciated

The Duck (Magnus)

I would have thought securing a tripod to the back seats would be easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I would have thought securing a tripod to the back seats would be easy enough.
    Well, this is what I would like to do. However, you see many, MANY movies that is really shaky which causes me to question how easy it really is...

Well if thats not a no go for you could folk out for something like the GoPro Camera

Gripper 3025 - The Filmtools 6" Suction / Vacuum Cup Camera Mount
    I'm guessing that you already have a camera, with this you can mount it all around. I've bought the two cup version of this because I'm using it on the outside and inside of my car. Inside it kept it super stable, and only shook on big bumps or pot holes but the entire car moved at that point.

On the outside it had no problems going up to 180km/h. This has allowed me to take some awesome shots, just above the wheel, on the hood looking into the car, on the bottom bumper, anywhere that was big enough to fit the suction cup.

6. Default

That's a real solid setup.