Thread: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 media generator missing.

Default Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 media generator missing.

Hi guys,

I just installed the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 but found out that the media generator plug-in went missing. How am I going to add text into my video without it? Is there any website to download the media generator?

Quote Originally Posted by ahgan84 View Post
    I just installed the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 . . . . Is there any website to download the media generator?
    No. It is "hard-wired" into the program. You get all that you need when you installed the SONY product.

However, it is possible you have unchecked the option to reveal the Media Generator from View. So, and if this is in SVMS9, :-

GO | Toolbar | View | Media Generators and CLICK on it.

Or Alt+9

As I say, it is possible you had unchecked this option or inadvertently closed it. Being able to tailor the workspace to your wishes is a feature of this remarkable s/w, allowing users to have what tabs they want showing or not. You would be well advised to explore all the ways you can manipulate your workspace so you can get more from Vegas - after all, you've paid for it!

Hi I have the Sony Vegas 9 Platinum Pro and when I click on the Media Generator tab in the Timeline it does not display a box so That I can edit the "Sample Text"

Once you click on the Media Generator tab, that should display a wide box displaying "large tile", "small tile" etc. options. To the left of that display is a vertical list of options: Click on "Text". That will display the "Sample Text" in the wide box, which you can then edit.