Thread: Yukon mountain storm HQ time lapse photography on a budget. C&C please

Default Yukon mountain storm HQ time lapse photography on a budget. C&C please

Time lapse of Kluane Lake and Sheep Mountain after Spring storm. I took over 5400 pictures in a period of 7.5 hours until my cameras batteries died...right before sunset! The pictures were taken from the Kluane Bed and Breakfast near Silver City along the Alaska Highway in Canada's Yukon Territory. I used my Olympus SP-500UZ point-n-shoot controlled via USB with Cam2com to shoot. Quicktime Pro to edit the image sequence into a movie and import the audio. The music is "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" by Debussy, public domain from musopen.com, I trimmed it and edited in a fade out with Audacity. Oh ya, and I borrowed Dougie's tripod. So all in all for my second attempt at time lapse and with a non-pro camera and only $30 in expenses (QTpro) I am feeling pretty darn pleased with myself! Hope you enjoy. No Magpies or Whiskyjacks were harmed during the making of this film. One cat was made anxious...nobody really minded.
    my camera settings were:
    Exp 1/500
    Bias 0ev
    F- 5.6
    ISO 80
    Focal length 6.3mm

Last edited by Kluanelaker; 04-05-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: swapped out embed code for link

Nice shot but it goes on a bit to long for me.

As ol Middy says. Its a bit long winded. Nice pics though

Nice. The wildlife going across the balcony was entertaining, and the cloud formations very nice, though as they fizzled out later there's quite a bit with just the sun, which is why it feels long. Yes a pity your battery died before getting the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by canals View Post
    Nice. The wildlife going across the balcony was entertaining, and the cloud formations very nice, though as they fizzled out later there's quite a bit with just the sun, which is why it feels long. Yes a pity your battery died before getting the sunset.

I think the nail has just been struck firmly on the head there. When the cloud formations (the most visually interesting part) faded away, there was nothing left to watch. Maybe as the last clouds rolled over, a fade to white could have shortened the film?