Thread: hey guys im new, some work ive done

1. Smile hey guys im new, some work ive done

hey every one, im David, im new, i really like video editing, i plan on going to college for it. im currently in gr, 11, and i dont have much money so i edit my work on this single core 3gb of ram laptop, which isnt always fun. :( anyway, lately ive been editing call of duty videos on youtube, and im also editing a haiti montage type of thing for school.

heres a call of duty edit i did last week:

also heres the intro/teaser for my haiti video:

i edit stuff like this because i dont usually have my own stuff to edit partly because i only have a crappy sd sony camera that i got a few years back.

2. Default

Hey David,

Not sure I really found the Call of Duty video interesting myself, all it was was some shots from the game.

The text work in the Haiti intro video was well done. Nice look and appeared professional looking. You also did a good job combining the audio files, unless that happened to be how the track came. If not, very well done. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it once done.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jamiefranz View Post
    Hey David,

Not sure I really found the Call of Duty video interesting myself, all it was was some shots from the game.

The text work in the Haiti intro video was well done. Nice look and appeared professional looking. You also did a good job combining the audio files, unless that happened to be how the track came. If not, very well done. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it once done.
    i did actually intend on the video coming out that way. oh and id like to share another video i did the other day.

let me know what you think.
    oh and the haiti video is currently processing.

4. Default

heres my haiti video.

5. Default

You've got a good eye for editing. Very smooth, to the music. Well done. Matching your frames and movement in cuts could be tightened a bit probably. The dissolves, when used, probably would've looked crisper, like the rest of the video, if they were also just straight cuts.

Some of your video fx overlay is very well done, and this could very well just be personal taste, but I could do with less of them.

You should try and see if there's some local filmmaker that could use a free editor to piece together his story. Bit of a different challenge, but is always fun cutting together an actual laid out story.

It's obvious you're into editing, and you seem to have a knack for it, I say craft that art. Get your hands on whatever original productions you can.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jamiefranz View Post
    You've got a good eye for editing. Very smooth, to the music. Well done. Matching your frames and movement in cuts could be tightened a bit probably. The dissolves, when used, probably would've looked crisper, like the rest of the video, if they were also just straight cuts.

Some of your video fx overlay is very well done, and this could very well just be personal taste, but I could do with less of them.

You should try and see if there's some local filmmaker that could use a free editor to piece together his story. Bit of a different challenge, but is always fun cutting together an actual laid out story.

It's obvious you're into editing, and you seem to have a knack for it, I say craft that art. Get your hands on whatever original productions you can.
    thanks for the tips, i try to improve every video i do, im only 16 so i still got lots to learn :p and yeah ill ask around about editing needed to be done.