Thread: Journeys of a Time Lord

Default Doctor Who - Journeys of a Time Lord (Fan-made Audio Series)

Hi everyone!

Now, this isn't strictly video, so I'm not sure how the mods feel... but it is heavily related to video, so I hope they won't mind too much.

Quite a while ago, I started working on a little Doctor Who rellated audio series called Journeys of a Time Lord. I play The Doctor, along side Jenni Milward, who plays his assistant.

I'm very proud to announce that part one of episode one has been released! Please take a listen, and let me know what you think.

Here's the synopsis and link...

Journeys of a Time Lord is a fan-made Doctor Who audio series.

This first adventure, Flashbang, written by Tom East, with additional writing by Matthew Perks, goes from the archives of Scotland Yard to the depths of an abandoned warehouse.
    Following certain mysterious disappearances, Samantha Weaver goes to interview Jake Lombard, a senior officer at Scotland Yard and head of the investigation. However, all is not what it first seems…

Starring Matthew Perks as The Doctor, Jenni Milward as Samantha Weaver, and Jaime Carroll as Jake Lombard.
    YouTube link...

(subscribing reccomended to get a notification when part 2 is released )

There is an MP3 linked in the sidebar, if you'd rather listen to it that way (recommended, due to quality improvements).
    Last edited by MatthewPerks; 04-03-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Great job on the recording quality. The voices, Foley (sound FX), Mixing etc. all really well done. I would say it's as good as any BBC production I've ever heard.

Wow, thanks very much!

Blog Entries

Yep. Works for me too.
    What's the source of all your material? I thought I heard some Smartsound in there...Very different from the Dan the Cyborg titles you showed a few weeks back.
    Tim

The source of my material... the internet I suppose! Hehe, yes, for the most part that is true, but I borrowed quite a few sound effects CDs from the library, and did some recording myself.

The music is mostly from a few different films, and of course Doctor Who itself.

And yeah, very different from Time Agent (which Dan the Cyborg is a character in) which is made by my friend.

Part 2 has been released.