Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .MTS to .m2ts Lagging/Jerkyness

Default .MTS to .m2ts Lagging/Jerkyness

This is the first time I have ran into this problem where at about 1:45 of 11min it start lagging and getting jerky from 1:45-11. I tried rendering with the same problem, Sony AVCHD 1920x1080.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

Now .m2ts has a sound lag. Video editing is just over welming if its not one problem its another.

Angry

Any idea why .mov extensions randomly stop previewing? I tried a reinstall with a registry clean in-between and this is a piece of crap! F*** Sony.

Sorry to hear about your probs. Is your system up to editing full AVCHD? Probably the most testing thing to edit out there right now. For some reason I've always had grief with .mov too - both with Vegas, and MSP which I used previously. You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Sorry to hear about your probs. Is your system up to editing full AVCHD? Probably the most testing thing to edit out there right now. For some reason I've always had grief with .mov too - both with Vegas, and MSP which I used previously. You're not alone.
    Yeah man my system is up to it I have a 512MB DDR4 gpu with 6gb of ram and a 3.4ghz X2 cpu. Clean OS. I suppose I will be archiving all my AVCHD files for the next 5 years until editing becomes stable again. Even rendering down to a 720x480 MPEG-II looks horrible. I had to render a Mp4 file just to burn to DVD with Architect because I couldn't get a MPEG-II that looked good. You would think with a CCD camera that has "mini CCD's" it would look better when shrunk into a 16:9 display within a 4:9 screen size. It's full HD but when viewed in full HD size everything becomes a bit washed out compared to when shrunk down a bit.

If I'm reading correctly, that's a dual core processor? To be blunt, that's not man enough for the job. I use a quad core with 8 gig of RAM, and it's only just 'OK' with full AVCHD. Many people use 'intermediates' to edit full AVCHD. There's another post on these boards with a link somewhere. Do a search.

DVD spec dictates that it has to be MPEG2, so DVDA would have converted your MP4 to MPEG2 - which sounds like a mess.

Don't get what you mean here:
    You would think with a CCD camera that has "mini CCD's" it would look better when shrunk into a 16:9 display within a 4:9 screen size.

If I'm reading correctly, that's a dual core processor? To be blunt, that's not man enough for the job. I use a quad core with 8 gig of RAM, and it's only just 'OK' with full AVCHD. Many people use 'intermediates' to edit full AVCHD. There's another post on these boards with a link somewhere. Do a search.

DVD spec dictates that it has to be MPEG2, so DVDA would have converted your MP4 to MPEG2 - which sounds like a mess.

Don't get what you mean here:
    I guess I am getting behind I built it 3 years ago. When rendering at full AVCHD in the system resouce monitor it reads that it is using less then 3gb of ram so I never saw the need to upgrade. Unless I was to go with Vegas x64 (witch I am using Win7 x64) but then we are talking 12+ gb of ram (possible seeing how my main board maxes at 32gb of ram)

I know it was the only thing that would work and looked good. MP4 is a form of MPEG but still yes a mess.

Basically what I meant about the mini CCD's is that my HDC-SD9 has a smaller CCD lens size than a normal HD camera. So it does not look as good when viewed at its full resolution however, when first opened in WMP it is about 1/4 the size of my screen before I make it full screen and 1/4 of my screens size looks amazing. So it makes a better letter boxed 4:3 camera then actually using it for HD. I'm sorry did I say 4:9

MP4 is a form of MPEG
    Yes, but DVD spec is MPEG2. DVDA is converting it, and it doesn't (IMO) do as good a job as Vegas.

I'm no PC expert, but I would say that the dual core processor is the weakest link in your system for rendering and editing AVCHD. MSP (and some other NLE's) create proxy files to work with when editing full HD, then replaces them with the originals when you render. Vegas doesn't do this, so you need some serious grunt to work with AVCHD especially.

Yes, but DVD spec is MPEG2. DVDA is converting it, and it doesn't (IMO) do as good a job as Vegas.

I'm no PC expert, but I would say that the dual core processor is the weakest link in your system for rendering and editing AVCHD. MSP (and some other NLE's) create proxy files to work with when editing full HD, then replaces them with the originals when you render. Vegas doesn't do this, so you need some serious grunt to work with AVCHD especially.
    Really DVA has a lower quality converter? Did not know that. I wish there was a way I could render a MPEGII file from Vegas and just burn directly to disk without re-rendering in DVDA using just a proper file structure.

Not so much lower quality, as fewer options. What happens when you render using one of the DVDA templates in Vegas? Have you tried using constant bitrate, at say 8,000?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast